Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Favorite Makes of the Season

 Hello, hope everyone is safe and warm and well. I'm just popping in to do a special post for 2 challenges asking players to share our favorites of the season. And if you feel like playing at these challenges, please do! I'll include their links and deadline dates. 

At The Card Concept, Challenge #HOL20 is open Dec. 16 - Jan. 4 and wants to see your Christmas Tree or Favorite Decorations or your Fave Card. This year we didn't decorate outside or put up a tree inside, so our only decorations in the house have been my little art corner. I shared my 4x6" Joy Wreath there a few days ago and that was my fave decoration made this year. But I do have an absolute all-time favorite that I made last year, so I will share that now.

This is my 8x8 Peace Love Joy deco made with Gecko Galz collage sheet images, and a Stamplorations sentiment. More details are HERE in the original post. While I did follow a sketch for the layout, I really let myself go loose and whimsical. And I had no idea how uplifting it would be to both me and Honey. It's definitely a keeper for as long as it lasts in one piece!


And over at Fezziwig's Festive Frolics, Hazel wants to see our 5 favorite 2020 Christmas makes. This challenge runs from Dec. 30 - Jan. 5. I ended up making only 14 cards this year, but the funny/snarky ones were my favorites. I'll list them in the order I made them with links underneath each photo to their original posts for the details:








5. And the only non-humorous card, but it did have a humorous blog post title:  Is It Stag, Buck or Deer Here?

Thanks for stopping in and enjoy your New Years! XOX

3 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh your makes are super, I love the wee penguin one the best!!! What a great 8 x 8 Piece from last year. Its super. Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs, all the very best for a safe and happy 2021, Hazel x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice. I love all of them too, especially the first one. The colours in the first one are awesome. Happy New Year Aimes!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have to say I'm very impressed with your hanging, it's has so many wonderful and beautiful details, I can see why it will be a traditional add to your Christmas deco. I LOVE your whimsey cards, my humour goes with these and your reindeer is so beautiful. Fabulous choice of cards Aimeslee.
Happy New Year
Faith x