Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Is It Stag, Buck or Deer Here?

Greetings! Happy to see you here. I made this card to share with a handful of challenges and then of course it qualified for a few more. It's a masculine Christmas card. It began as a 4x6" card because this week's theme at Sunday Postcard Art is Stags and this is my entry, so I will show it first.

The complicated part of this is in photographing it to show the metallic shine/shimmer and also the dark brown deer and dark brown "Noel" behind the white one. The circa 2007 Urban Lily designer paper is red and pink with some brown in the red in parts. So the deer shows up in most of my photos as black. 

Being someone who always heard the word "stag" and thought that mean you went somewhere alone, I needed to read up on deer. Apparently, the largest deer is called a stag and while I think I may have a stamp or two of a really large deer, this is the only die cut, a Stamplorations duo of a deer in flight and a deer head. At any rate, in terms of art theme, let's just call the stag a deer, shall we? ;-) I'm not a hunter.

  
I wanted to show this paper before I cut into it. See the reddish-dark brown area, the two prancing deer? That's where I cut my paper for the post card. Then I took my yellow/gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen and applied shimmer glitter. I also put some on the die cut's horns after coloring on some metallic Distress Crayon and letting it dry. I also used a Stamplorations word die to cut "Noel" twice, once in the same dark brown as the deer and once in white card stock, layering them slightly askew. Some black chalk ink edge-distressing around the 4x6 and it was done and ready for center stage on my card.

I layered the Urban Lily with a piece of red and black plaid paper from The Paper Studio. The top and bottom sections are gold metallic washi tape. It looks pretty cool with the pink abstract plants/trees against the red, dark in places and bright in others.

And this time I did not use a Split Coast Stampers' sketch! Shocked, I know, right? teehee This is the Fusion sketch used. I also took my colors from the photo.

Here's a shot from the side to try to pick up the shimmer and shine. The card base and the white Noel are Recollections card stock.


  
Inside is pretty simple with a Stamplorations sentiment stamps and the back as well, with more of the UL paper and my Lawn Fawn stamped siggie.

A final view. I hope your Tuesday goes well and thanks for the visit! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   Fusion Card Challenge Dec: Merry, Joy, Cheer -- I created Fusion by using the sketch and also taking the colors red, brown, black and white from the above photo. 
2.   Stamplorations Dec. CAS Challenge: ACASG + Opt. Red & Brown -- Option played, plus I used Two Reindeer die and Noel die.  #2/3  
4.   The Male Room #145: Tartan & Plaid -- I've used some red and black plaid on the card front underneath  the 4x6, it's peeking out on the sides. 
9.   Fezziwigs Festive Frolics: Follow the Recipe -- I used 1 reindeer image, 2 papers, some gold Wink of Stella sparkle and reindeer metallic washi tape in place of ribbon as it is flatter and mails easier. Hope that is okay. If not, please disqualify me. Just wanted to play. :-)  #1/3
10. NBUS #21: AG with NBUS -- my first time to use this Stamplorations deer die and the deer washi tape  

16 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohh you are brave cutting into that beautiful paper!! Love your make and how you decorated the inside as well. I love the reindeer metallic washi tape so no disqualification from me :) xx Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwig's this fortnight and thanks again for fancying up the challenge badge x Hazel xx

Heather said...

Wow, what cool layering of super papers - and so much shimmer! Yum! Love that stag die, so pretty with the gold antlers! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

ahlers5 said...

Love this! I really like the darker colors, it's perfect for a masculine card. I started experimenting with different stamps for next year's cards. I think I will color a little less and use more stamps or die cuts.

Mandy Chilvers said...

Fabulous. Thanks for playing along with SPA

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card. I love the background with all the shimmer and the "stag" with its gold antlers! How festive! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

sue n.

Diane said...

Wow, this is a stunning card!! Beautifully designed with the papers, washi tape and 'deer'! I really enjoyed your post!! Have a fabulous holiday!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a wonderful masculine card. Your background is awesome, especially with the shimmer. The stag is a nice addition to your background.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you cut the paper, added the plaid, all the sparkle, and of course the "stag", this is a Super masculine card Aimeslee. I'm here with both hats on so I'll say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Tartan & Plade challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Chana Malkah said...

Metallics are difficult to photograph! I love your card, it is awesome!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Wickcliss said...

Fabulous and stunning card. Love the shimmer and the papers. Thank you for playing along at The Male Room, Clarissa DT.

Jane Willis said...

A beautiful card, those papers are gorgeous and all the golden touches make it really festive.

Fiona said...

I like the added touch of pink to take your card out of the normal Christmas colours of red - I do love cards with deer on them - thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Non Traditional Colours challenge

Suze said...

Fantastic masculine card Aimeslee. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

Juhi said...

Stunning card!Love all the details from the patterned paper to the gold antlers on the "Stag"! Thanks so much for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge!

Sari / Granne said...

Wonderful card, love all the details and great design paper too. Thank you for joining us in our Tartan & Plaid -challenge at The Male Room. I hope you will join us in our new challenge.

Wickcliss said...

Lovely card Aimeslee. That paper blended so well with your die cut reindeer. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room, hope you join us again on our current challenge, Clarissa DT