Monday, December 7, 2020

Silver Bells

 Hello, Monday. Hoping you are all well and safe, and are all on schedule for Christmas. I sure wish I was. I have been created cards and may not even share them all here, but lately I've been unable to "kick myself in the rear to get in gear" anymore, lol. I'm now going to just keep making as many Christmas cards as I can in the next week or so and try not to panic, er, I mean, stress. In addition to lousy time management, I've also been a slightly bad friend about blog visiting and it's bound to get worse now for a bit. But the good news is, no meal or parties to plan, so it could be worse. Really, that is a good thing! 

I have a layered CAS Christmas card to share today that lends itself to elegance due to the use of bright whites against Distress metallic card stock (and also a little metallic sheer ribbon never hurts).

 
I used Split Coast Stampers sketch SC442 for my layout, resizing to 5x7 (A7) in PSE. I chose a Spellbinders fancy tag die cut to stamp and white-heat-emboss my Stamplorations sentiment on. Note to file: you can heat-emboss this card stock. It creates tiny cracks in the card while heating and the card curls badly, but then once cooled it flattens out and the cracking is barely noticeable. I also might have had my heat tool too close - I'm a fiend with that thing and it's hard to see the melt start on a shiny surface. ;-)

The wonderful Stamplorations cover plate die was cut from white Springhill card stock and stands out nicely on the silver card stock. I chose a strip of sheer ribbon lined with silver stripes to peek out from beneath the sentiment tag.

I'm including this photo to show the shimmer and shine of the card in the light.

  
Inside I kept it simple with a hand-stamped Stamplorations sentiment using Memento ink, and on the back I cut a Spellbinders square Labels Nestie and white-heat-embossed the hand-stamped Lawn Fawn siggie using Versamark ink.

And a final view. Thanks for visiting and I hope we all have a good and productive week! 

Stay well and safe and warm, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Mod Squad Challenge White and Bright -- I've done white embossing on silver metallic Distress card stock.  #1/3
3.   The Card Concept #144: Festive Celebration -- What inspired me from the photo were the white candles and metallic ornaments. I am waiting on a restocking order of gold card stock, so I used silver Distress cs. I would describe my style on this card as either CAS, Clean & Layered or Classy & Elegant? Maybe CAS + touches of C&L and C&E - that's it. ;-)
4.   Stamplorations Dec. CAS Challenge: Anything Goes -- Optional Color Twist not played.  
5.   Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge:  I used Stamplorations Christmas Bells stamps and Christmas Bells Cover Plate die.  
10. NBUS #21: AG with NBUS -- First time to use the Stamplorations Christmas Bells cover plate die. 10 challenges max  

12 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Wow, this is so elegant! I love that die! I am still working om Christmas cards. I always join Splitcoast's Christmas Card Challenge every year. During this past year I committed to three cards a month. Next year I will do four a month. They have a different category for each month, but I almost never followed the theme. The 2020 categories were awful, in my opinion. I'm hoping that in 2021 the themes are better, although, it doesn't matter. I just make whatever I feel likw anyways. I plan on starting to make some cards with all the dies I have bought. Might as well use them! Good luck finishing up your cards.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love this. So exquisite. Please don't worry about visiting blogs. I know it can be a daunting task, but we are all in that same space as you at times. Only yesterday did I go catch up on blog comments. Take care my friend.

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE that die and might have to add that one to my stash... hmmmm... you're such an enabler! I've fallen behind on my blog visiting too but our Christmas cards went out this past Saturday morning so that stress is off my chest. But I love this time of year and am so looking forward to the new year - hopefully a more normal 2021! :P

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the shine on this Aimeslee, a beautiful die that really stands out. love the label and white embossing and ribbon also.

Mmm I know what you mean about - "kick myself in the rear to get in gear" - I have to do 3 DT cards and have done them and failed so have to do them again grrr. Yep! stress. At least I don't have any visitors to worry about! Doesn't that sound awful? My cards are gone so have pressies thank goodness.

foleysfriend said...

So beautiful. I'm loving all the shimmer and shine of your card. It makes the card so elegant. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

sue n.

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the shimmer and shine! So happy you played along at The Card Concept this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful!

Hugz,
Chana

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card. The white really pops against that metallic, well done. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Sandra Wright. said...

A super elegant card..I adore it.
I hope you are keeping well and safe from the terrible virus.
I can relate about getting in gear to craft, I am so guilty these last few days of saying I am going to craft, when in fact my craft table is full of stamps that need to be put away and several personal cards that still need the last bits doing to them,lol.
I still have all my Artistic Outpost Stamps, a few Daily Bread ones to..however I only buy them in the UK if they come up in a craft sale or selling group on facebook now. Since the last stamps from Artistic Outpost a few years ago were a prize and they sent them to me as goods bought, which cost me $24 customs fees.
Keep safe my crafty friend..Have a Fabulous Christmas xx

Marcie Sharp said...

The shimmer and shine of this is gorgeous!! So dramatic. I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is so beautiful. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT

Juhi said...

Gorgeous, shimmery card! Thanks so much for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge!