Friday, July 31, 2020

Grumpy Goose Christmas

Hello on the last day of July! I hope everyone is well and safe and keeping cool and hydrated in the heat if that's happening where you are. I am popping in to share a Christmas card that I have had finished for almost 2 days, but I am trying new meds out and all I wanna do is sleep, so I have been. I made this card aspecially with Beccy's Place and Stick It down Sketch challenges in mind and as their deadlines are literally in hours, I forced myself to blog, lol!

I have used Beccy's Place Grumpy Goose  and sentiments from multiple sets (Grumpy Goose, Dasher and Dancer and Here Comes Christmas)

I also used the current sketch at Stick It Down, embossing my background with Cuttlebug's Christmas Countdown folder to represent the sketch's background.

The optional twist at Beccy's challenge was to use these colors (my typing is added). I decided these Distress Ink markers colors were the best match I had, so I colored with them. I also had a pink SU card stock that blended nicely and some kraft card stock as well, so I used those.

I did use ProMarker greys to color the goose after using the DI Pumice Stone marker to color the shadows and feathers and outlines on him. And I colored the jingle bells with a gold ProMarkers and brushed on some yellow Wink of stella to make them shine. I added sequins and enamel dots in various colors. I felt really lucky that I had some to match! I used my Fiskar 4-in-one corner punches on the pink and white mats. The card base is Kraft card stock from my stash.

On the inside of the card, I printed out sentiments and then used some collage sheet images from Gecko Galz's Retro-Spect and Christmas Joy sheets.

For the back, I again used the same embossing folder for the pink mat and a Spellbinders labels die to frame my stamped siggie with layers of leftover paper.

I'll leave you with a close-up of Ole' Grumpy. I love him, don't you?

Thanks for visiting me and allowing me to share my creativity with you! Hope we all have a good weekend! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.  Stick It Down July Card Sketch -- Sketch is shown above
2.  Beccy's Place July Challenge: AG + Optional Color Combo -- I've attempted the option. Here's Beccy's color graphic with my choice of Distress Ink colors typed over them in PSE, matched as well as I could (I added the text):
3.  Outlawz Festive Friday 7/24-8/6: Christmas Theme
4.  Split Coast Stampers #CCC20NOV: Santa Hat on Animal

11 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This is a really great card. I love your card design. I have this image and have been thinking about using it soon. You gave me some motivation.

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is super cute, Amy! I love the grumpy goose and the colors you chose! It just looks so perfect to me! The embossed layer makes it even more fancy! Love, love, love!!

Words and Pictures said...

I'm always in awe of anyone who can get in the Christmas spirit in July - and you've certainly done that. Your Christmas Goose looks so good against the countdown background and I love the dots and sequins. If sleep is what your body wants, I say let it have it!
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Love this card! The Christmas goose is so funny and adorable ...lol 😀. So sorry I haven't visited much this month, my tablet gave up the ghost and had to have a factory reboot and I added the wrong link to your blog - I thought it was funny that you hadn't posted anything but only just realised my mistake - doh! Hope that you have had a lovely week and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Beccy said...

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the new medication Aimeslee, I hope it's sorted out for you soon.
I LOVE the card you've made! All the little sequins, stars and dots look fabulous and remind me of Christmas baubles. You've done an awesome job with the colouring and with the colour challenge too. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love this goose, and as you said, there are people who aren't up for Christmas, and this stamp is perfect. You coloured goosey very well, which really makes your card pop. I just finished making 9 of the same Christmas cards yesterday. Good luck in the challenge. Hope you adjust to your pills soon. Hugs, Bethie.

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

OH so CUTE~~I love your goose and all the little dot embellishments. What a wonderful and festive Christmas Card. The embossed background paper is the perfect addition. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh my - that BIRD! I'm not sure whether to laugh or love it... it's just so absurd. Made my day!

MJ's Kraze said...

That goose is so cute. I love your dot scatter too. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down sketch blog.
Mandi, card DT

Maya Yang said...

Oh, this card is absolutely cute! I really love the Grumpy Goose and the pink color on this card. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down. Pray you get well soon.

Alison said...

What a fun card, love the grumpy goose and the background you created. Thanks fur okaying along with us at Stick It Down.