Friday, July 31, 2020

It's Penguining to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Hello Again - my second post today. I don't normally do this but I had this card made before my big sleep (see my last post) and I need to get it published for a challenge deadline.

I used a Di's Digi called Penguin Christmas Tree as my image and I also played her Challenge to use paper scraps.
 I also used Outlawz Wednesday current sketch but as a 5X7 card. I did try resizing it in PSE but it turned the circle element into an oval so I just stretched out the sides in my mind. :-)

As for the scraps, I have a ton of them, at least 3 page protectors full plus a shallow box. I went through my elements stash and found some trim. Of course the shiny one caught my eye.

I did a really easy background by applying double-sided tape all over a pre-cut piece of card stock, cutting 9 strips of 3/4" wide and 5" long. I adhered the end strips first and then worked my way to the middle. Not too hard.

I printed out the image and cut it with a Spellbinders Classic Circle after coloring him up with ProMarkers and highlighting with silver Wink of Stella and white Sharpie paint pen. I also printed out the computer-generated sentiment and cut it with a Spellbinders Class Oval die. I adhered one of the smaller shiny stickers like a little tuck in that will catch the eye like the shiny tree border that I adhered on a strip of card stock.

Simple but nice-looking because I chose a good assortment of contrasting but color-similar scraps. And I love the little penguin!

Thanks for coming by. I'm behind again in MY visiting, but I promise I will work on it this week and hopefully see you soon! Stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  Outlawz Wednesday Sketch 7/22-8/4 -- Sketch is shown above
2.  Di's Digi Design Challenge July: Use Your Paper Scraps -- I used 3/4" strips of paper scraps
3.  Christmas with the Cuties #40: Christmas Animals -- Penguin and I used Di's Digi image.
4.  Jingle Belles JB:20:16: Holiday Leftovers -- I used paper scraps to make my background and leftover stickers from a very old Oriental Trading craft kit.

8 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Cute card. Thanks for the instructions. Nicely coloured and nice work in aligning your background so perfectly.

Leslie said...

Oh so cute! Majorly cool design and super cute image! I love your coloring!

Heather said...

Ooo . . . yeay for you using all those paper scraps!! This is definitely something I would do though I haven't tried it on such a large scale, yet. And your image is very cute! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs.

Alyson Mayo said...

That penguin and the sentiment are so sweet - love it!

ahlers5 said...

This is such a wonderful Christmas card. I love the different papers on the front. I always get such good ideas from your cards. I need to write them down, so forgetful these days.

Michelle B. said...

Super cute and love the layout and of course the shiny bits too! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

SmilynStef said...

What a Scrap-tastic holiday card design ... so glad you shared your holiday leftovers with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

such a fun and festive holiday card, looooove that sweet penguin and the fun sentiment! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!