Thursday, November 5, 2020

Looking Like Christmas

 Hi Ho, blogging friends. I needed a little break from the craftiness, but I'm back on it now. Sometimes my digestive tract gets inflamed despite my best preventive measures. Sometimes stress is all it takes. I just tried sleeping it off with medication and I'm better, so on with the craft show! lol

This week's theme at Sunday Postcard Art is "Skyline" and I came up with this 4x6" piece. I had a lot of fun creating it. I love those very weird dudes and every time I use them it's fun.

I used this Split Coast Stampers sketch from 2019, sizing it to 5x7" in PSE. Instead of a ribbon and bow at the top, I've used the plaid piece I cut out of the bottom section.

Papers: Recollections and Springhill card stocks, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid pp, white glitter card stock
Inks: Promarkers, printer, Versafine Clair
Stamps: Technique Junkies Cityscape and Double Weird; Lawn Fawn Hats Off
Dies: Lawn Fawn Hats Off, MFT Stitched Basic Edges
Miscellaneous Stash: Yellow star sequin, white Sharpie paint pen, various Sakura gel pens

Here's a process shot of my little skyline scene, after cutting the plaid paper with the MFT die and  prior to adding the curved white glitter band also cut with the MFT die. I didn't notice until I saw this photo, but heck, I coulda just left the dudes off! Note for future card. That's a lot of coloring and glitter gel penning for me but it was relaxing so I didn't mind.

This one is difficult to capture all of the glittering shine. It's all subtle but there. I glittered many of the lines in the plaid paper and the buildings with a gel pen. And I used other gel pens to decorate the tree and various buildings.. Still another to color in some of the windows. . Then the Sharpie paint pen for the snow. Everything was colored with Promarkers that I again took the time to color match to the paper instead of just guessing, ha. I am learning. 

So, three guesses what I did with the postcard? Like I often do, I put it on a card. This time, just a simple mounting on a white A7 card base. 

So, that's it for today but I'll be back with my next one lickety-split. Take care, thanks for dropping in and have a great Thursday! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
4.   Christmas Craft Creations October: Christmas Music -- I used a song title as a sentiment  (entry #1/3)
5.   12 Months of Christmas Link-Up #71: ACG + Opt. For the Boys -- this card is suitable for a Guy (entry #2/10)
6.   ABC Christmas November: W and X are For --  X is for Xtra Special
9.   Outlawz Color Tuesdays 11/3-11/16: Blue + 2 Colors + Twist -- Red and Green and twist is stitching

10. Creatalicious Challenge #198: AG + Opt. Humor -- I've attempted Punny humor. Quirky.
11. CHNPPC November: AG with PP -- I've used some Lawn Fawn plaid pp.
12. More Mixed Media November: AG + Opt. Black -- I played the option with black-inked silhouettes

17 comments:

ahlers5 said...

I absolutely love the way you did the skyline. So cool looking! I have to chuckle at your two dudes. Great out of the ordinary Christmas card. I have been trying to get rid of a headache for a couple days. Between the election and my adult daughter being stressed out, I am just getting tired of it all. I stopped watching the news,tried to avoid my daughter, and made a few cards...it's helping!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a fantastic card. Great color scheme. And I like those interesting looking people.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

P.S. I get spammers, too, although it's not as bad as it used to be. But that's why I have to moderate all of my comments.

Sabine said...

I love your skyline christmas postcard! Thanks for joining this challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow - you have been busy lately! There are so many terrific projects that have been posted. I really like the different techniques you use because you achieve such a different look on each project.

Leslie said...

OMG, those are definitely some weird dudes and you've showcased them well! Love the skyline! I always appreciate, too, how you share your processes! Stay well, my friend!

Mandy Chilvers said...

Love the bright and jolly feel to your vard.

bockel24 said...

what a cool Christmas card, I love it!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You really did a bang up job on your embellishing. The city scape is just fabulous. Kind of a Michealopolis style city (he's an artist in New Orleans and I probably spelt his name wrong). Very unique card with those two dudes.

Suze said...

Fun card Aimeslee. Thank you for entering the For The Boys Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fun look at Christmas! I need to make some inroads into making CCs soon! Stay safe, Chrisx

Jacq said...

What a great and unusual Christmas card, Aimeslee. You certainly put a lot of work into making your skyline and it really paid off - it's fabulous! and those are such fun weird dudes! Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz Colour Challenge.
Jacqui
DT for The Outlawz

Lindsey said...

This postcard/card is amazing! So many fun things going on, but they all work together for a terrific scene. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Tristan said...

Such a cool looking card. Love how you've used all those different papers. Thanks for joining us this month at Christmas Craft Creations. Tristan DT

Ilonka said...

I love youre card Dawn, thanks for playing along with us at the Creative Sketchy Girls.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Wei said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries. And sorry for the belated comment.

Sandra Wright. said...

I'm loving your weird dudes too,lol
Such a great card, love the colourful skyline.
Thank you so much for joining us at More Mixed Media.
I hope you are feeling better Aimeslee an keeping yourself safe. I know the feeling that the slightest thing can take us crafters off track.
Take care my crafty friend xx