Saturday, November 7, 2020

Fall-ing Leaves Friend Card

 Hi there. Hope everyone is well. Just gonna slip in this Fall card amongst my Christmas cardmaking, as I needed to mail off one more of these. 

I told y'all I printed two Gecko Galz Leafy Ladies images and so if you think you are seeing double, well, almost but not quite. I'm using the second one on today's card. 

   
I chose to use Split Coast Stampers Sketch 123 from years ago because it's laid out like the embossing folder I wanted to use for the background. Thought it was a pretty good match, don't you? I resized it to A2 in PSE.

Papers: DCWV white core card stock, SU card stocks, Springhill digital, misc. paper stash scraps
Images: Gecko Galz
Ink. Palette Hybrid, Promarkers
Embossing Folder/Dies: Darice A2 Fall Square Collage; Spellbinders Label
Other / Stash: skinny blue satin ribbon, sanding block, Victorian corner punch, 

I embossed a piece of brown white-core card stock with the folder and then sanded the embossed panel while still in the folder. I wiped it off and then took various color cubes of Palette inks and swiped over the raised leaves only. The Palette ink pads are fabric and not squishy so they work very well for this. 

I then removed the embossed panel and cut off the sentiment, as I wanted to trim it some before adding back to the card. I chose the closest shade of blue ribbon I had to match the blue base mat and I adhered it in the embossed channels with Scor-tape. I corner punched the blue mat.

On the inside I used the same poem that I used in the first card I did, written by yours truly and printed out from PSE. I used a Spellbinders Labels die to cut out.

For the back, I raided my blue paper scraps drawer. Stamped the IO siggie, colored with a Promarker. Corner punched all the layers.

And a final view. I do enjoy ink-swiping embossed surfaces, seems like I've done my share of it lately. At any rate, I hope you enjoyed your visit and I thank you for it! May we all have fab weekends! XXO

16 comments:

ahlers5 said...

That image is gorgeous! I love how you finished the embossed panel. Someday I will try some of these things!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love that image and those wonderful leaves on your background! Hugs, Chrisxx

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card, I love the embossing of the leaves. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is fabulous, gorgeous autumnal image, love the embossing.
Faith x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Aimes! That certainly was a lot of work, and produced such a beautifully detailed card. Those layers look amazing especially against the autumnal leafy background! Your cards bring such joy to your friends! hugs, de

Gale said...

This card is beautiful! Pretty image and lovely background. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

From

Furrbster said...

This is very pretty,

Thanks for playing along over at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

meg said...

Beautiful vibrant colours in your image set against a fabulous background,love your card,thank you for joining in at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

Chrissy said...

Such pretty colours, lovely Fall card.
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very very pretty Aimes. That background really pops with the distressed and inked background.

Sue said...

This is really lovely, such beautiful colours and it's great to see embossing folders take centre stage. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty & such beautiful array of colours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creations with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxx

Tammy said...

What a sunning autumn card Aimeslee! I love that colorful image and the awesome embossing folder you used, great sketch too! So happy you joined us at Sparkles Monthly.
Hugs, Tammy

Michelle B. said...

Beautifully unique and love the techniques in creating Autumn colors. So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Arty Divas and I hope to see you again!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous autumnal card, I love the colour combo. Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x