Tuesday, November 3, 2020

You're on the Nice List

 Good morning, Tuesday! Well, I woke up feeling queasy so I'm not my usual chatty self. I think I'm going to post this real quick and go back to bed for a little while.

Okay, this is still a surprise to me. Firstly, that I actually attempted a Christmas card in these colors. Secondly, I kinda like it now that it's done. The MFT Color Challenge this week was:
I was already in for a penny on account of using the MFT Wednesday Sketch and some wicked part of me said, hey, make it an MFT Twofer haha. 


I resized the sketch to A7, using a Recollections Heavy Duty card stock as my card base and paper scraps from my Christmas stash. Found some orange Daisy D's and some grey Chloe's Closet sweater paper. At first glance, yuck, but it was the colors I needed so I plowed on. Very simple card, the hardest part was cutting the sides of the diagonal or angled mid section. 

I had the exact amount of leftovers for the back so I went ahead and decorated it. The Santa and sentiment are MFT as well. Lawn Fawn Everyday Banner die. It and Santa are colored with Copics and Promarkers. I want to note, on Santa's suit I used Copic Prawn and Light Pawn, which are orange-y reds. In this photo, you can see it, unlike in the other photos, the editing filter I use on my photos has made it redder. In real life, it blends with the orange plaid quite well! 

I keep wanting to add bling or something, but since I don't know what and since I really don't feel it for  sure, I have left as is. It may be that I've just lost the ability not to junk it up, lol. I may add some black Stickles to the center of the sweater snowflakes when I finish the inside.

Thanks for dropping by and stay safe. xxo
5.   Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #514: ACG + Opt. H -- Did not play the option this time

6 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You did a great job with this challenging colour combination. You blended the orange in seamlessly. Truly, a darling card.

ahlers5 said...

Wow, who would have thought that those colors would have turned out to make such a spectacular Christmas card. I think black Stickles would look great.

Chana Malkah said...

This is a great take on the sketch! I really like this card! It is a nice mix of pretty and whimsy!
Hugz!

Let's Art Journal said...

Love this card, it really made me smile 😀. The wording and cheery Santa are a delight ...lol! Wishing you a very happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Catie Cuddles said...

Excellent card, love how you decorated the back and that Santa is so cool.
Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Rachelle Oltean said...

I’m glad you attempted this color palette - it turned out perfectly! The layout is awesome and I love the knitwear pattern! Thanks so much for joining us at The Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!
Rachelle : ) DT