Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A Toast to the New Year!

 Hello again! Hope you are all basking in the Christmas afterglow and are warm and well. My neck is becoming less aggravated for now knock wood, thanks to a special foam bed sleeping contraption I ordered that keeps my shoulder from pinching (I am a side sleeper aka fetal position because of my spinal issues.) But when one door opens another closes -- haha -- wait, what? LOL NOW my right ankle and foot tendons are causing all kinds of pain for me. I'm using my dad's cane and reminding myself of Frazier's dad Martin the way he hobble-skipped around. And it's a bit of a giggle when my neck brace is on, "to boot"! The first time Honey saw that, he asked if I had a good personal injury lawyer, he thinks I can win with a jury trial, bwahaha. Nope, just me falling apart very slowly all on my own. Oh, well, gotta laugh through the pain! On to today's share...

I'm sharing a Happy New Year slimline card I made earlier in the month and saved to share now. The card stock base is SU and all the designer paper is Prima Melody A4 collection. The base mat is edge-distressed with a Tim tool. The solid pink in the collection I used for mats and is ink-edge distressed with chalk ink. All the images are Gecko Galz, as is the sentiment. I used a Spellbinders Label die and an Avery Elle flag die cut out of SU blue card stock scraps to do the center element, adding some sheer ribbon from my mom's stash. I stamped and heat-embossed a fireworks and a pair of champagne glasses around that on the largest circle and put a Stickles-filled sequin in the center of the explosion, along with two gold diamond-shaped confetti pieces made out die cut waste that I saved.


 
I was really in the mood to make a slimline card. Every time I looked at this sketch, I wanted to make it a slimline. So I did! A dunno, how'd I do? I do think I kept the movement and flow of the circles/ovals as well as all the sketch's elements.

  

  
Close-ups to show the glitz and shimmery shine. I over-indulged with my Wink of Stella but too bad so sad, my addiction to it is a merciless task-driver and shows no remorse haha. Other shine makers I used: gold embossing powder, sequins, Stickles, metallic gold Posca paint pen, Sakura Stardust glitter gel pen, gold sheer ribbon, gold die cut waste (the little diamond-shaped corners) and a Spellbinders photo corner die cut out of gold metallic card stock.

  
The inside and the back: I've used a very old Autumn Leaves stamp on the inside left and a Digi Doodle Studios Sentiment digi stamp on the right. I love the sentiments sets Dina sells and have several. This one from her Champagne Wishes set looks like it's heaven-made for a slimline, don't you think? The back  of the card has more of the Prima Melody paper and a blue scrap from the front, plus a Hero Arts siggie stamp+die cut.

And a final view. Well, the challenge to convert this sketch into a slimline was worthy and fun to do, and once again I end up being pleased with the final product while being convinced I wouldn't all the time creating it. Ha! And I think this group of ladies is quite fun -- all together it's like some sort of alcoholism PSA poster or something, heehee. They are indeed a motley crew toasting in the new year. I'd party with them. ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely day! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Gecko Galz December Customer Blog Challenge -- All 6 images used including sentiment are from Happy New Years and Toast in the New Year collage sheets.
3.   Gecko Galz December Facebook Challenge -- All images used are from Happy New Years and Toast in the New Year collage sheets. Vintage style. 
4.   The Library Challenge #74: Anthology -- Bridget Jones' Diary (cover) is inspiration and also Breakfast at Tiffany's (story)
7.   ABC Christmas: What Are Y and Z For -- Y=Your Favorite Things: Toasting the new year (and afterwards, then some serious ZZZZZ's will happen, heehee)
8.   Split Coast Stampers CCC20APR: Non-traditional colors no red or green
   
12.  613 Avenue Create: AG + Opt. Vintage -- Option played!  #3/8
15.  Creations in Pink #29 -- my card has more pink than any other color   #1/3

20 comments:

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our "Anything Vintage" challenge

Jatta said...

Great creations you have done. And I also like your selfportrait, you look so glad.
Happy New Year 2021

Carole J said...

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains, Amy
A fabulous New Year card, Amy. I love the multiple images and their frames, all so beautifully crafted. Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your loved ones.
Thank you for supporting the challenges at Gecko Galz! xx

ahlers5 said...

I love your card. Reading your description made me laugh this morning. I needed that. I'm not laughing at the aches and pains mind you. I can definitely relate to that! It seems like I almost always have something major going on health wise right now. I think it was a leftover covid symptom, but my heart was aching yesterday morning for a few hours. That scared me a bit, but it went away, thank goodness. I may try to get a card in today. I'm babysitting the grandkids this week so we'll see what happens. I know I have to play "chemistry set" with the youngest since Santa left that at my house for him. Santa should have put more thought into that one!

Deanna said...

Great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

Leslie said...

Love how you transformed the sketch into a slimline! Great job, my friend! Hope you and Honey have a great New Year celebration on the down-low, lol! Bahahahaha!

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains, I hope you feel much better soon! Your card look so pretty with the pink framed vintage images 😀. Happy Holidays, enjoy the rest of the festive season and all the best for 2021! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

indybev said...

Thanks for participating in our challenge. May 2021 bring you all good things!

Debbie said...

Wonderful card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Lindsey said...

What a fun card! Great way to turn the sketch into a slimline. Love the images! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Marina said...

What a great job you've done using these vintage images to make a fun and lovely New Year card! Thanks for joining The Library.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee, sounds like you are having real trouble with your aches and pains, hope you feel much better soon.
Love your card and it's a great take on the sketch.
Best Wishes for the New Year and I hope 2021 is better year. Hugs, Avril xx

Chris C said...

Wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

Suze said...

Lovely card Aimeslee. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.
I hope that your aches and pains ease soon.

Donna said...

What a fun New Year card! Love the vintage photos in the circles. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the anything goes 12 Months of Christmas challenge.

Lisa said...

What a fun card! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Jackie Cornfield said...

This is so clever and fun!
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Stay safe and well.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Aimslee! I hope you are feeling better! Thanks for this wonderful submission to our challenge at A Place to Start!

I love the vintage images and the fabulous pink palette! Nice job!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Quillish said...

So vintagy and festive. I love the design and the way you incorporated those circles. Wish you a painless, healthy and Happy New year! Thank you for joining us at the photo inspiration challenge at Time out. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x