Thursday, February 29, 2024

Happy Birthday To ME!

 Hey, there!
Hope you are all doing okay.
Today's my birthday and I am 17 in Leap Years.
It's gonna be a chilly, cloudy day.
So, my birthday dinner will be enjoyed.
Honey's fixing fried shrimp, hushpuppies, onion rings and corn on the cob.
And he bought me a little chocolate bundt cake from a delicious local bakery.
I'm a happy girl!

So, I wanted to get a few more ATC Coins done for my Norma Shearer tree.
These are done in the same style as the first one I did recently HERE. And these also feature publicity photos of Norma from her 1938 starring role in MGM's Marie Antoinette.
I chose the photos so I could use pastel colors.

For the pink coin, I painted a round coaster that was cut to ATC size with pink acrylic paint on both sides. After it dried, I cut a sheet of DCWV patterned paper with a Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle die and adhered to the painted coaster. Then I added the photo I printed out after edging it with a pink glitter marker. I added flatback pearls in each scallop and 3 pink rhinestones to finish.

For the purple coin, I painted a round coaster that was cut to ATC size with purple acrylic paint on both sides. After it dried, I cut a sheet of DCWV patterned paper with a Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle die and adhered to the painted coaster. Then I added the photo I printed out after edging it with a purple glitter marker. I added flatback pearls in each scallop and 3 purple rhinestones to finish.

Thanks for the visit
And have a great day -- I'm going to!
😁😁😁

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Media: Paper, Rhinestones, Pearls, Acrylic paint, Glitter gel pens and markers

8 comments:

Carol said...

Love the coins Aimes. I hope you are having a good day. Supper sounds good but please what the heck are 'hushpuppies'. Over here they are a make of shoes for men.
Lots love
Carol
xx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Aimes!!!!! Your coaster/ATC's are amazing! I love the addition of the pearls in each scallop. Enjoy your birthday, and dinner, and have a fabulous day my friend.

Vicky Hayes said...

Happy 17th Aimeslee! Enjoy that yummy dinner (sounds perfect to me!) What beautiful cards you made with the coins too. The purple one is my favourite - I love the way the fan echoes the curve of the circle! Have a great birthday! Vicky x

My name is Erika. said...

I hope it's been a great day. Your dinner sounds delicious. Chocolate cake would be my pick too. And I like your coins too. And I probably shouldn't ask, but in a non-leap year, are you a Feb 28 or a March 1 birthday? Happy Birthday Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous art and happy, happy birthday, sorry I'm a bit late! Hugs, Valerie

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness happy 17th birthday to you! I am sorry I did not catch it on the 29th. I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration. Really love the vintage feel to your ATCs.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Happy belated birthday!! That’s a pretty wonderful husband you got there, making you a special dinner and a sweet dessert. What an interesting idea of a themed tree to showcase your ATC coins! They are lovely, your first one too. I snooped a bit! 😉 Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes challenge with Krafty Chicks this week.
Diane - DT KCC

Ginny said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)