Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Ready to Celebrate

 Hello! Hope y'all are all okay.

Today I'm sharing a birthday for a special friend of mine...my hairdresser! 
She loves dogs and has several, so I'm betting she will love this.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my A9 layout design.

Supplies Used:
Kraft, SU and Springhill Digital card stocks
Basic Grey Bittersweet designer paper
All Dressed Up digi Dogs in Shades
Distress inks to stipple background
Castle Arts Colored Pencils
Promarkers
Glitter gel pens
Glitter paint
Circle punch
Impression Obsession Hip Hip Hooray die
My Favorite Things wave die
Impression Obsession Your Special Day edger die

An angled shot to try to pick up the glitter gel penning on the purse handle, tiarra, flowers, dog tags and the largest dog's glasses. I used some mint green glitter paint in a needle-nose applicator to draw a messy line inside the image's black frame.

Close-up of the Impression Obsession Hip Hip Hooray die cut, which I cut once in pink and once in white SU card stocks and layered. I used a pink enamel dot for the exclamation point.

 
The back of the card has more of the SU card stock and BG papers as on the front.
Inside I've used Acorn Versafine Clair and a mash up of Art Impressions and CAS-ual Friday stamps to create the sentiment on some pastel pink paper. I thought the dogs wearing shades would be great fun to play off of. I think I'll color her shade lenses black before I mail this off...

One last look.
I love those cute pups, don't you?
Thanks for the visit today and I hope you have a great rest of the day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Used ADU's Dogs In Shades
Secret Lives of Pets
Lucky Dogs Ride
Animal Kingdom
Dog, colors and large sentiment
Colorful Options February: PINK
Used the pinks and mint green colors

15 comments:

JanR said...

Great card! Such a fun image. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

My name is Erika. said...

Those dogs are great! What a dog-tastic card. Maddie has some pink doggie goggles (doggles) and she looks pretty cool in them, just like these pups look in their sunglasses. Are you in the heat? We had a lovely spring day, snow if melting, mud is appearing, but it is going to get cold on Thursday. What a "winter" everyone is having. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, I wish I were fit to celebrate, too! Stay well, look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a fun card and those doggies are super cute. Love all of the colors and the great layout. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Colorful Options.

Marie

theras kartenblog said...

Stunning card, beautiful design - I'm thrilled to bits.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

Donna Walls said...

How fun! I was looking at this digi yesterday, you've created a great card with both the image and sketch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

My name is Erika. said...

Have a fabulous birthday. And you'll be having an actual birthday too. We have cold tomorrow too, but a warm up for Monday which is my big day. Have a super day, don't eat too much cake (or whatever you celebrate with) and enjoy. hugs-Erika

Aniita said...

How adorable!! I like that the tilted panel goes with the dogs' tilted heads, haha! I'm sure your friend will love this card.

craftytrog said...

It's a great card Aimeslee! I love those dogs in their cool shades!
Hope you're having a good week.
Alison

Bonnie Lynn said...

Ack! Your hairdresser's birthday card is so freaking cute! Love those cool dogs with their shades. LOL

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness this is one fab image and beautifully colored.

Alexandra Y said...

This is such a fun card! I love that you incorporated the big sentiment from the inspiration image, I wouldn't have even though to be inspired by that aspect! Thank you so much for joining us this month at the Inspiration Station Challenge ~Alexandra

Pia S said...

This card is hilarious, the chihuahua is too cute, my sister has one and I just love her. Fun with all the addded dots too. Thanks for playing in our challene over at INKspirational.

N-Eva said...

What a cute card.Such a wonderful creation with attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps Challenge. Hugs Neva

Aunty Sue said...

Fab colourful card and thanks for sharing at All Dressed Up