Saturday, February 24, 2024

Ahoy There Birthday

 Happy Saturday!
Hope your weekend's going well.
We have had a gorgeously sunny day that sure felt like Spring.
Our twin great-nieces have their first birthdays coming up so, as I don't get much practice with children's cards, I pulled out a precious Craft Consortium 3D Decoupage kit illustrated by my favorite Helz Cuppleditch, called Sandy Paws. Since they have a slightly-older brother, I thought the trio of furry sailors would be appropriate.

Supplies Used:
White card stock card base
KI Memories green card stock mat
Wausau Rocket Red paper mat
Pink Paislee Birthday Bash designer papers
Kraft card and white card stock scraps
Craft Consortium Sandy Paws 3D Decoupage kit
Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves ink
Sheena Douglass and Avery Elle sentiment stamps
Kaisercraft Ship's Wheel / Helm stamp
Lawn Fawn Label die
Avery Elle Signature Seal die
W Plus 9 Heart Balloon dies
Stamplorations Clustered Hearts die
Corner rounder

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my 6x6 layout design.

I lucked out and had some patterned paper that sort of mimics the patchwork sail, at least in colors. Plus it's a wavy pattern. The wheel stamp I have is actually only half the wheel but since it's a clear stamp I was able to create the entire wheel pretty well. While I'm still not able to pop up each decoupage layer because of mailing constraints, I did pop up the sentiments and heart balloon with 1/16" adhesive foam. One of these days, I'll do the decoupage very dimensionally, but I still enjoy just glueing the layers down on top of each other, lol.

Here's a close up of the 3D decoupage image. Helz Cuppleditch is the illustrator, so of course it's adorable!

Hope this doesn't hurt too many eyes, but I took this shot to try to show the layers of the 3D decoupage, mostly on the main sailboat.

 
On back, I used the green and red mats as on the front, and then I took some of the top strips from the Pink Paislee paper pad (what's left after you tear each perforated sheet off), halved each strip and created a 4x4 diagonal weaved pattern for the center of the card back. Inside, I used the Fallen Leaves VF Clair ink to stamp the Hero Arts sentiment.

And last look.
Thanks for the visit and enjoy your day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Boat, Birthday, Balloon
Furry friends and Love
The Dancing Dinghy
The Secret Lives of Pets
Animal Kingdom Park

26 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

What an adorable birthday card Aimes.

Carole J said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful, colourful and fun card for the twins, Amy. The main decoupaged image is adorable and your papers are the perfect match.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

My name is Erika. said...

That card is adorable. My dogs love to ride in the boat, and unless their sitting on the back seats, their heads pop up over the side like you have your pups and kitten. I hope the twin's (parents) love this card, but how could they not? I hope you're having a nice weekend. It's a little chilly today but next week we should have some lovely weather. hugs-Erika

theras kartenblog said...

wow - the card is wonderful and colourful - I love it!
Thank you for your entry at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeou card, love your furry sailors, it all looks greaT FUN!!!!! Wonderful colours, too. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Makira said...

❤️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ Utterly breathtaking! Perfection is achieved in this rainbow card! Your layers and details create a feast for the eyes! Those adorable critters in the boat are too cute for words! Thank you for your continued support of the Colorful Options Challenge! Go have some fun today in the beautiful weather! ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽจ Cheers, Makira

Donna Walls said...

Oh yes, now this is an adorable birthday card! I love the illustrations and all the dimension from those toppers and cuts. Well Done Aimes, Thanks for playing at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenge

craftytrog said...

A super cute and colourful card Aimeslee!
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Alison

Johanna said...

A perfect card for your twins. Colourful and cute and I like your design. Thanks for joining us at cardz4galz, Johanna DT

Leanne said...

Nicely done, great scene and the colors pop, thanks for playing our All Occasions challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A spot on card with all the colour and adorable images, perfect for the twins Aimes. We had the most glorious day today, with ample blue skies and occasional fluffy white clouds. But, very cold with a brisk Northerly wind. I can put up with the cold in the sun, it certainly lifted my spirits. x

Alyson Mayo said...

This is such a happy card with so many bold colours - cute :)

Inkyfingers said...

What a delightful card, Aimeslee - so bright and cheery and I love how you pulled all the elements together!
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Helen said...

That is so cute! Love your card.

Thanks for joining us at the Critter Crazy Challenge.

Helen x
DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Aimeslee. The image is adorable and the papers and colours are just perfect for little ones. Love all the details too. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Birthday challenge this month. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at the Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge too.

Helen x
DT

BAstelfeti said...

Your Card is so very colerful and so nice.


Thank you for participating in the Friendship Challenge and best of luck BAstelfeti

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge.
Ilonka DT

Lisa said...

Great use of the layout and wonderful bright cheery imagery too.

Ellibelle said...

What a fun birthday card, Aimeslee. Loved playing I spy and I found even more "b"s than what you listed. There's also a bird and some blue :) Love it!
Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at I spy with my little eye! It's so perfect for our theme!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, what a fun birthday card, Aimeslee! The layout is awesome and the images are so cute! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Just Peachy Stamping said...

I always love seeing the back of your cards as much as the front! This trio of critters is adorably perfect! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz! I hope to see you in the gallery again for our next challenge! Sue - DT

Heather said...

This is so adorable!! I love your bright, happy colors, the fun sections and of course that adorable image!! The wheel is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenges.

Billie A said...

So cute. Great design and so glad you shared over at Alphabet, Aud Sentiments

Billie A said...

Great to see your card again.. I love it. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner, Cardz 4 galz.

Pauline C said...

Fab bright and vi rant masculine card. Thanks so much for sharing with “I Spy” challenge “Something Beginning With B”.
Pauline xx