Thursday, February 22, 2024

Spring Scribble Flowers

 Happy Thursday, everyone.
Hope you are having a great week.

This is my 4X6 art for the week.
I needed to combine interpretations of Light and of Scribbles.
It's not my style to scribble, so I thought of the My Favorite Things Scribble Flowers stamps and dies that I have, along with a Verve scribble flower stamp.

I began by composing the poem in PSE and printing out on white card stock.

Then I ink blended the background using these Distress inks and blending brushes.

Next, I took a 4X6 card stock blank (I ordered some pre-cut from Cut Cardstock recently) and wrapped all 4 edges with Studio Light Art by Marlene washi tape.

I then used the MFT stamps and dies to make these flowers and leaves, paper-pieced out of scraps. I chose salmon pink and light blue-violet papers for the scribble flowers. I used only the dies for those. I chose green patterned papers of the same hue for the leaves and stamped those before die cutting them.

To finish the back, I ink-blended some Salt Water Taffy DI and then stamped an MFT background with Fantasia Versafine Clair ink.

Here's a close-up of the scribble flowers. I filled each center with a violet Viva Decor Pearl Paint Pen.

Here you can read my poem and see the details of the smaller Verve scribble flower, stamped with Morning Mist Versafne Clair and colored with Prisma colored pencils and purple glitter gel pen.

Last look.
I really like how this turned out.
Thanks for the visit today and
best wishes for a great end of the week.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
I was inspired by the roses.
Blossoms or Blooms
Media: Paper, Stamping inks, Distress inks, Pearl paint, Colored pencil, Glitter gel pen, washi tape
Media: Paper, Stamping inks, Distress inks, Pearl paint, Colored pencil, Glitter gel pen, washi tape
I extended my leaves off the edge a bit.

27 comments:

Carole J said...

Fabulous scribble flower card, Amy! x

Anita said...

Scribbles are definitely my cup of tea, and I love your take on this theme, Aimeslee! I've become so used to expecting glitter in your projects that I thought the scribble die cuts were glittery, haha! I really like the washi tape border too.

Bethie said...

Your talent with poetry is astonishing, and I love scribble flowers. Always have. This card rocks my world!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love the scribble flowers, and the beautiful verse you composed. Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

Pat said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee, such gorgeous flowers, thanks for sharing with us at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

Heather said...

Just gorgeous - I love the layering of the scribbles - so organic! It was fabulous to read your process on this one! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Gillena Cox said...

This is gorgeous. You are invited to join my Friday link party every Friday
Art For Fun Friday

Much♡love

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your scribble flowers are gorgeous! I love your beautiful blend of soft colors in your background as well! What a lovely quote for your page and very uplifting! I can't wait to see those flowers come up for Spring! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration using my theme for AJJ!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice poem on your page. I didn't know you were a poet :). Isn't it great how you can use and change stamped images to make great images that don't really resemble what you started with? This is a lovely page for Vicki's challenge at AJJ. Thank you for joining. I hope you are enjoy your weekend and have some warm weather too. It's going to be chilly tomorrow at my house, and I think it might be a day to hibernate. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Just thought I would pop in to one or two of my usual blogs even though I cannot blog myself and what a lovely surprise I got when I was greeted by your bouquet of scribble flowers. How pretty are they!
Love how you created balance by positioning the flowers and the words. A lovely piece Aimslee.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lisa said...

This is so beautifully designed. The flowers surrounding the poem are wonderful and they are layered nicely too.

Card Creator said...

What a wonderful idea. I totally could see doing this on those alcohol ink backgrounds that I have, or even those extra scraps from the excess of my other backgrounds...Thank you so much for inspiring me today! Also, I really enjoy looking at all your beautiful work here at 613 Avenue
~Tamara

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful card!

Vicky Hayes said...

How creative you are Aimeslee! I love the poem and you have decorated it so beautifully with those paper-pieced scribble flowers and that wonderful washi border! Enjoy your weekend! Vicky x

Pat K said...

Beautiful, very creative card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love this Aimeslee! It's simply gorgeous my friend.

Diane said...

A beautifully designed piece of art!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Colorful Options!
Diane TB Co-Owner and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those blooms and the verse.
Hugs,
Alison

JanR said...

Fantastic card! Those flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Alyson Mayo said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Great job with the scribbles!

The Crafty Den said...

Such a pretty card Aimeslee. The scribbled roses are gorgeous and I love the beautiful sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Aimeslee! This is beautiful- I love that poem! Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Marjeta said...

Originale card and design.Thanks for playing with us at Penny's Challenge.

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for tutorial. We love to see you again at Penny's Challenge.

Ellibelle said...

Another beautiful card you created! Loving the design and beautiful poem!
Thank you so much for playing along with us again at I spy with my little eye!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Lovely Roses, Aimeslee. Totally captures the essence of the HSS Mood Board. Thanks for joining us this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Pauline C said...

Beautiful stylish floral card Aimeslee. Thanks so much for sharing with “I Spy” challenge “Something Beginning With B”.
Pauline xx