Friday, October 27, 2023

This Week's 4X6 Art

 Happy FriYay, the weekend is finally here!
Today I have a 4X6 postcard journal page featuring a wild woman.
Frankly, she looks like a prostitute / street walker.
I saw a news story on TV about the rampant daytime streetwalker problem in Los Angeles and one of the prostitutes was dressed almost identically!


So, what do you think her story is?
Where IS her "in gear" arse going?
Some of the ideas that come to me: she is employed as a stripper on her way to a bachelor party. Or, she's just a shopper who likes to dress this way? Or, she's an IG or Only Fans influencer out on a video shoot for her channel?
😂😅
Seriously, I kid you not, I bought 10 of these Crafters Companion Scruffy Little Cat stamps in a bundle for cheap almost 10 years ago. (Yes, what was I thinking?) Counting this piece, I've managed to use only 3 of them so far, the 2 others are HERE and HERE . I may be hesistant to use them but they are apparently very popular and famous in the UK with younger women. The characters were originally licensed by Crafters Companions for stamps, but there's a whole merchandising empire you can see at this website: Scruffy Little Cat Online.
My stamps are the oldest versions of the girls and are considered rare finds.
Who knew? I sure didn't, lol.

 
So, to make my piece, I used these two stamps: a Technique Junkies background stamp called Watercolor New York (retired) and the Crafters Companion Scruffy Little Cat stamp called Kat (also retired). This week's challenge assignment was to mash-up bags and gears in a feminine vein.

I colored both the background and the fussy-cut stamped Kat with my alcohol markers. I played around a little with the sky, drawing vertical stripes with blues and pinks from the top and bottom until I'd covered that surface. I created the fun thought-provoking sentiment in PSE and printed out on photo paper and then added everything on a scrap of pink KI Memories card stock.

And final view. Even though Kat looks like a streetwalker, I still am quite pleased with this, lol.
I like how I colored it, especially my experiment with the sky and my sentiment.
Don't be surprised if you see more Scruffy Little Cat stamps on my art.
I still have 7 more I haven't used, lol.
Thanks for visiting and have a great night.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Kat's wearing a pink bunny tail 

11 comments:

Rika said...

so many details to look at,
thanks for playing.

Neet said...

Well Aimeslee, I don't think I have seen these stamps being used before but I see the attraction. I think it is the eyes. They are huge and those lashes! Come to think of it I think I have had a couple of them myself but as gifts from CHA in the old days.
Anyway, to your journal page. I love it, apart from the fact she is dressed so skimpily, there is a lot of work in here. I simply adore the street scene and think you are lucky to own it. So many times you can use that one. And I love the sky you created.
I cannot imagine anyone going out and about dressed like that but maybe she has just come from the beach and decided to do a bit of shopping on the way home. She is certainly wearing the right gear for that scenario. Or any others you mention. I loved your various interpretations of the page and I followed your links to the other stamps you have used. I quite liked them in a cute way. Perhaps you should stick to these stamps as they may become worth a good bit of money in time.
This certainly fulfills the theme 'in gear' at AJJ in a different way. Thanks and
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Reminds me of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman 😁 She obviously forgot to put her jeans on! Love it!
Have a great weekend Aimeslee.
Alison

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh yes definitely getting a Pretty Woman on Rodeo Drive vibe from this. I have never seen or heard of these stamps before (I'm in the UK too) but I think it's hilarious, especially the sentiment hahaha. Good job, intrigued to see the rest of them now. ~elle xx

Lisa said...

Fabulous imagery and great coloring too.

My name is Erika. said...

She's definitely not dressed for shopping. I would imagine she might get a lot of looks. Smile. Perhaps she's got more clothes in the bag and she's an actress on her way to film a commercial about cat food. Trying to get the guys to buy that brand...it's still a fun page, and I'm glad you shared it with us. And perfect for Neet's challenge at AJJ. Thank you for linking up. Have a super weekend. It's very warm today but going to be the chilliest yet tomorrow. Oh the weather. :) hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun card. Getting my arse in gear gets more and more difficult as I get older! Happy weekend, hugs Valerie

Leanne said...

Great background fun image and the colors are wonderful, thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Great job! Have a Krafty Day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I don't know what's funnier, your commentary or the card. I really like how you used the background and never thought to put another image with it. You always think out-of-the-box. Fantastic colours on the building too. That lady of the night is darling. Why do we buy stamps and never use them? Now that I'm doing what I'm doing, I do find I use all of my stamps.

Donna Walls said...

OMGoodness Aimes, I can't help but laugh at your post, you are so creative and can I give my opinion on her occupation? I do believe she is a Paris prostitute who has a Fans Only account! Great art piece and post! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll join us again soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Billie A said...

Cute card. Hope she got some good sales.. Wonderful scene and so glad you shared over at Make my Monday