Thursday, October 26, 2023

A Tarantino Halloween-o

 Greetings, hope everyone's week has gone well.
It's a rainy day here on my part of the Gulf Coast, but that's a good thing because we can certainly use it. Just gonna hope the mosquitos won't be too bad but I know they will.

I've written before about having made a lot of Halloween and Fall decorations last year. This year's make numbers are very low in comparison, but I have limited display space or else I'd make them all year long because I do love this season. I also did not make Halloween cards because I had a few leftovers from last year for family and haven't felt up to mailing more, but I did manage to make a "fresh" Halloween card for our daughter and son-in-love. He loves Quentin Tarantino movies. Reservoir Dogs is his absolute favorite. At his wedding, he had his groomsmen be the different characters. My favorite is Pulp Fiction and we tease each other back and forth about which film is better. Anyway, when I saw Mirtillamente' s Digi Characters: Pulp Fiction (Vincent played by John Travolta and Jules played by Samuel L. Jackson), I bought it immediately, then eventually came up with the idea for this A9 Halloween card.
I sized and framed the black and white digi in PSE, also adding the sentiments. I colored the image with alcohol markers and colored pencils, then added Crackling Campfire Distress Ink stippling to the yellow background. I'd printed out two images, using the extra copy to draw speech bubbles with a black fine liner and fussy cut to layer onto the colored image. I used black construction paper and American Crafts Spooky Boo papers on a heavyweight white card base.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but resized it to A9 in PSE first.


I used this very old Sizzix Sizzlit Strip to cut the candy corn and striped taffy die cuts I used. It has to be atleast 15 years old or more. I glued the candy corn to the card first and did not really like how the pieces fit so I cut 3 more but when I tried layering the inside pieces before gluing down they looked even worse. However, the taffy was a different story. Layering on a second layer of the yellow stripes made that candy look better. Go figure! 

Inside the card is my attempt at punny humor -- hey, they rhyme!
😁

On back, I laid down another piece of black paper, then added some scraps from the old H'ween stash, along with my stamped and punched siggie.

And final view.
Sure hope Son-in-love and Daughter get some chuckles.
Thanks for visiting and have a good one.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Photo inspirations: colors, dots, skeletons, food and AA skin color which helped me in my coloring of Jules!
Park Hopping My Happy Place October
Disney's Hollywood Studios Diner and Drive In
Worldwide Crafters and Colorists #10
Sizzix candy die cuts

21 comments:

Heather said...

Bwahahahaha! LOVE this! So hilarious, and a super fun Halloween card, lol. Great choice! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Heather said...

I think they will definitely get a few chuckles out of it; it seems like it is perfect for them! Your die cut candy corn and taffy are super cute! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Jackie Cornfield said...

He, he, he!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’s entries. We are a home for creativity! Good luck and do come back!
Hugs,
Jackie,
Mirtillamente DT

Valerie-Jael said...

It's raining here, too - grey and dismal! Love your fun Halloween card, great idea. Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Ha ha-what a fun card. Smile. Who knew Tarantino had made it to art supplies? I like this take for Halloween, and let me thank you for joining us at TIOT. This is a clever take for the holiday. Happy weekend Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Sari / Granne said...

Your card made me smile, what a awesome Halloween card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore 116 Challenge.

Donna Walls said...

OMGoodness Aimes, this card is perfect and those characters are hilarious, not to mention a perfect match for the real deal. Love that punny sentiment too! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges and sharing your lovely card with us.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

dj said...

Well now....if it wasn't so funny it might be scary!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "spooky and/or birds" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed the masculine portion of our challenge too with those two "gun men"!!
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G333

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful and fun card Aimeslee. A great take on the theme. As for rain, we are having a LOT! One of my nieces, being flooded. We are just getting more and more. I hope your rain does good, and you don't get too wet.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this image is fantastic! I would totally have to find a true Samual L Jackson quote for a card for DH as we just love him and his fun one line he is well known for in movies. We have watched a string of his line on a YouTube video and just laughed out loud. Great card.

Betta said...

A super fun card!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm sure both your daughter and her partner loved it!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!! Thanks so much for participating in our HALLOWEEN CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

foleysfriend said...

I love personalized cards - when someone creates a card that they know will tickle the recipients funny bone. I sense that this is the case. So fun! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

Meggymay said...

Thank you for adding another fantastic Halloween card to our theme over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

A fun Halloween card and great you've personalised it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Cazro said...

Oh! I really had a huge smile, a different version of a Halloween card. so funny. thanks for the laugh, Great fun. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Jackie C said...

We are so delighted you chose to share your creation with us at Cut It Up!
Please do come back again!
All the best, Jackie DT xxx

Lori Turner said...

LOL...this is too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge for our All Occasions week! xoxox

Helen said...

Fabulous design - love those characters!

Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Sue Jackson said...

HA! HA! HA! Great images and inside sentiment! Love this! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue -DT

Gail Hutchinson said...

Love your creation with that sketch too, so funny. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Gail DT