Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Guest Designing at Coloring With Pencils with Colour of Love

 Hey there, hope all is well with you and yours.

Today I'm pleased to have 2 Guest Design projects up on the Coloring With Pencils blog's October Challenge reminder post. I am posting each one separately here.
The second project will be in a post immediately following this one.

This is my first project.
I was given Colour of Love's Buttercup's Li'l Owl Ghoulfriends digital image to work with, and I made a 7.5" X 8" home decor piece with it for Honey and me. The image was sized in PSE and printed on white hot press watercolor paper. I used my Polychromos and Castle Arts pencils to color it. On the sky, I also used a colorless alcohol ink blender to smooth and blend the pencil blues and pinks. I used a gold glitter marker around the outside perimeter and here and there on the image. 
I used a KI Memories purple card base and a sheet of striped paper from my Halloween scraps stash. I laid purple stitched ribbon horizontally across the middle and Art By Marlene washi tapes above and below the ribbons. 
I used card scraps to cut several die cuts as embellishments. The black bats and spider were cut with Art Impressions dies. The lavender hearts were cut using a Spellbinders die. The Spooky sentiment was cut using a 2-layer Dies To Die For shadow die set. And the gear corner accents were cut using a Sizzix die and then quartered. I added some gold rhinestones to go along with the gold glittered image frame.

Here's a close-up of the image and my coloring.

My next post will feature the second guest design project.
Thanks for visiting!

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I used gear die cuts, cut into 4ths, as corner accents.
This was made for my husband and me.
 

27 comments:

Neet said...

First of all your colour pencil work is excellent. You have blended the colours seamlessly together.
I love the composition of this age in your journal. The little figure is so cute and so colourful sitting in her tree. I love how you have incorporated halloween and gears for my theme at AJJ.
Thanks for another great page.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

Now that's a fun Halloween piece and a clever way to use gears too. I love how you combined these topics. Spooky is the right word for these (still fun) creatures. I like this, and thanks for joining us at both TIOT and AJJ. I'm off to see your other piece. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Congratulations on being guest desiger! Your image is beautifully coloured. I'm not good at pencil colouring, so I avoid it where possible, although I have a huge amount of coloured pencils!
Have a great day, take care!
Hugs, Valerie

ScrappyHorses said...

So festive and full of fall color with the wonderful papers and dies! This scene certainly tells a fun story! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Darlene said...

OH LORDY!! This is crazy fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

meg said...

A fantastic fun not too scary Halloween card,the owls are perfect for the Alphabet Challenge,thank you for joining us

theras kartenblog said...

That´s a beautiful project. I'm thrilled to bits.
Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that brightly colored image, and with the perfect background paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Aimeslee: thank you so very much for finding a way to bundle FarmQuest's feathers theme and Heart's Quest theme of Halloween plus hearts!!! This is such a great idea to make a home decor piece to add some holiday inspiration! We appreciate your support of FQCB and HQCB! --Becca

Loose Stitches said...

Lovely creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

CA Scrapper said...

Your project is so beautiful.Thanks for joining our Add a Sentiment challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

craftytrog said...

A great project, and beautifully coloured Aimeslee!
Hope you're having a good week.
Alison

Alyson Mayo said...

You did a great job using colouring pencils - definitely not the easiest colouring medium to use!

Meggymay said...

A real fun Halloween Card, so many super details to see. Thank you for linking with us over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

dj said...

Spooky indeed!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "spooky and/or birds" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G333

Gale said...

Cute spooky card Aimselee! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

Fran Wing said...

Hello again, Aimeselee - you ended up twice in my comment rotation! Well, I'm liking your cards! The coloring is great. Thanks again for joining us at Two Old Bats!
Xoxo, Fran/DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great colouring and so colourful too. x

Lisa said...

Super fun image and great coloring too.

*Vicki* said...

That is just the cutest and fun image I've seen! Your coloring looks amazing and I love those pencils...I just don't use them enough! Your images are so fun and great for some nightly bumps!! LOL Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Sparkles Monthly!!

Betta said...

A "TERRIFYING" card!!!! WOW!!! 😍
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome!! Thanks so much for participating in our HALLOWEEN CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Billie A said...

Fun card. Great images and colorful. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz, Alphabet challenge

Chana Malkah said...

This is a fun, spooky creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Kate Deignan said...

Amazing card! Thanks for entering our challenge!

Carole J said...

Congratulations, Amy, on your 2 GDT roles!
Your spooky card is terror-ific :) and the colours are perfect for our colour palette challenge.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Path of Positivity October Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Rae Ann said...

The background paper is so fun! It accents this picture perfectly.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Halloween Colors challenge.