Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Guest Designing for Coloring with Pencils and Last Minute Manda

 Hello!
Welcome back for my second post today.

Today I'm sharing my second Guest Design project, which is up on the Coloring With Pencils blog's October Challenge reminder post.
If you missed seeing my first project, it's HERE.

For this project, I was given this cute and nutty squirrel and bird in a basket image to work with from Last Minute Manda's A Bunch Of Nuts digi set. I made another 7.5" X 8" home decor piece for Honey and me. I sized it in PSE, printed it out on white hot press watercolor paper and fussy cut it. I used my Polychromos and Castle Arts pencils to color it.
The card base is KI Memories card stock and the leaves patterned paper was in my scraps stash. I edge distressed the edges with my Tim tool and inked them with brown chalk ink. I made a framed sentiment cutting some more of the pink KI and some white card with Spellbinders Labels 3 nested dies. I stippled Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink on the white card and then stamped my Clear Dollar, Papertrey Ink and W Plus 9 sentiments with Fallen Leaves and Summertime Versafine Clair inks. I stamped the Papertrey acorns with Rich Cocoa and Potter's Clay Memento inks. I added 2 hearts cut out of the pink KI using a Spellbinders die, and I used an orange glitter gel pen to trace around the frame and and green and a gold glitter gel pen on the word Fall.
I also added a plaid stitched ribbon to the bottom along with die cut leaves that were in my stash from previous projects. I also added a bare Memory Box tree branch cut from dark brown scrap card and some gear halves cut using a Sizzix die to make a fence. Lastly, I added some dots with a copper Viva Decor Pearl Paint Pen.

I used this sketch for my layout design scene.

Close-up of the framed sentiment I stamped. I love how it looks, like a sign.
And of course, you know me, I made it a little punny. 
You can see the metallic gel-penning on the plaid Fall word.

Close-up to show the image coloring and also that I used a copper metallic pencil to color the basket bands. I used all of my warm greys (1-5) on the squirrel and black on his nose and the bird.
Definitely cute animals!

The center of the flower got some copper metallic pencil as well.

And final view.
Thanks for visiting me today.
And many thanks to Coloring With Pencils for asking me to guest design.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I used gear die cut halves as a fence in my scene
Acorns are considered fruit, along with chestnuts and hazelnuts.
I used a Memory Box Branching Out die

22 comments:

Neet said...

Again great use of pencil crayons to colour your page and again seamlessly done. I think this is one of your mediums.
Love the fall background, those leaves dotted around in those pretty colours are perfect for that sign you did - the plaid word is great.
The basket your little animal is sitting in is beautifully coloured and I like the way you blended your crayons to make the wood effect and then the shiny bands with the copper metallic pencil.
Another huge success and you included some gears peeking behind the ribbon so wse could enjoy it at AJJ where the theme is 'in gear'.
Thanks for another great entry Aimselee
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is cute, and it's another clever way to incorporate gears. I like how they make a great border. And I like your fall background as well as the other fall details. Thanks for joining us at AJJ again. This works for Neet's challenge at AJJ, and thanks for joining us. Did you see the email I sent you? Hope you're having a nice week. hugs-Erika

Unique Art Expressions said...

Adorable art piece!I love the cute image and gears.
Thank you for your entry at UniqueArtExpressions.
Rachelle
https://uniqueartexpressions.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Diane said...

A super cute card and image, certainly to bring a smile to anyone!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Becca S said...

This is a fun autumn country scene! Thanks for making a delivery again to FarmQuest General Store! --Becca

Pamela said...

A pretty autumnal card. I struggle to use my edge distresser - I usually manage to tear the card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Seafield Jo said...

This is fab! I love the expression on the squirrels face, it's like someone's just disturbed him from a lovely dream! Fab colouring!

I'm trying to 'sort' my craft room (it's a nightmare!) and I've uncovered pencils I forgot I had, and the ribbon! I think I could wrap ribbon all the way around the world I have so much of it. I REALLY must start to use it.

Thanks for joining us again Aimeslee, it's always a pleasure to see your fabulous creations.

Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

My word Aimeslee - what a lot of craft 'stuff' you have. I thought I had a lot until I read about everything you use in your projects. Thrilled to read about your Polychromos pencils. I have one of the huge (expensive) sets which are used a great deal with parchment work. Although I am not 'parching' at the moment I still use them.

I love what you have done and thank you for sharing them both with us.

Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cute - the lighter shading on the critter is fabulous!

Jocelyn said...

I love all those falling leaves in such pretty colours. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Card Creator said...

So adorable! You never disappoint! I love always looking at your beautiful work. Thank you so much for joining us at 613 Avenue-until we meet again

~Tamara (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just wonderful Aimes, Love all the lovely details. x

Lisa said...

Adorable image and terrific DP too.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful project and P.paper,love the sentiment sign and cute image.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Pearly Sparkles
DRagonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Ashwini Rao said...

Fun image and a great card - the Fall theme is very apparent and well represented. Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge with this lovely card!

Kathie said...

This is a very cute image Aimeslee. I do love your design paper and added embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Beautiful project thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Maria DT

Ellibelle said...

This is so perfect for fall, beautifully made!
Thank you so much for playing along with us again at "I spy with my little eye"!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Debbie Mageed said...

Fun card! Love the adorable critters with such great coloring! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Cute image and fall colors. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

Pauline C said...

Very cute image on your lovely autumnal card Aimeslee. Thanks so much for playing along with my theme of "Shades of Autumn" at Ellibelle's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge this month.
Pauline xx