Thursday, February 23, 2023

Mixed Media Christmas Card

 Happy day, hope things are good with you.
🎊
Today I'm sharing a mixed media Christmas card that hopefully gives you a little chuckle.
And I used all real stamps, no digis this time.

The sassy pouty lady is Ms. Autumn, a Crafters Companion Scruffy Little Cat character stamp. She's not happy because she has to use cash and doesn't have enough to buy what she wants. As you might guess, her tastes are not cheap!

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.

Supply List:
SU card stocks
DCWV designer papers
Computer generated sentiment
Crafters Companion Scruffy Little Cat 'Autumn' stamp,
Stamped with Memento ink and colored with Promarkers
Black gel pen on eyelashes
Cottage Cutz Santa Hat die, colored with Promarkers
Impression Obsession boxed presents with bow stamp and die, 
colored with colored pencil, glitter gel pens and gold paint
See next below for mixed media panel supplies

Thought I'd show you the mixed media background panel and how I made it. I stamped the Technique Junkies city scene background stamp (retired) using Ranger archival ink on hot press water color paper. Then after it dried, I used an old ruler and a small angled flat paintbrush to alternately paint red and green stripes with Golden transparent fluid acrylic paints. Didn't have an exact color match with the red paint, so I used multiple shades of red papers and Promarkers on the card for the panel to "blend in". Now, please stay with me here: the city scene shows through because the paint is transparent, but the red lines fool the eye and come to the front, like jail bars and the city is green like money. It's as if to say, if you don't have much saved up to spend on Christmas presents but you have to pay for them with cash, it can seem like everything you want to buy is locked up behind bars. Clear as mud? 😊 Hope I explained that well enough to make you at least smile at the card. I accented the city structures with gold paint and edged the panel with a gold leafing marker. 

Inside, I stamped Stamplorations sentiments with Memento ink. I thought the Jingle All the Way was a decent punchline because I'm thinking the jingle is the coin change one either has to shop with or has leftover after shopping.

And on back, another sheet of the DCWV paper with a stamped and circle-punched siggie on a strip scrap from trimming the front panel.

Here's an angle where you can see the gold paints: on the background panel accenting the city buildings and the edge, and the ribbon tying the boxed presents together. The DCWV designer paper is also gold.

A close-up view to better see Ms. Autumn's Promarker coloring. LOL, I don't know which is more outrageous, her hair or her eyelashes! One good thing about her hair is it makes her head big enough for the Santa hat die. 😂 Don't know why, but I love my Scruffy Little Cat character stamps and I need to try to use more of them. I have 10 different characters! I just couldn't help myself several years ago when I bought them. They are an acquired taste! 😁

And final view. 
👀
Thanks for visiting!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
CCC23FEB (Bricks), CCC23APR (Boxes). CCC23OCT (Boots)
Santa hat die and boxed/bowed presents die + gold paint & designer paper
Scruffy Little Cat "Ms. Autumn"
My stamp and mixing media on cards
Santa hat die and boxed/bowed presents die

28 comments:

Jackie C said...

Great to see your wonderful entry at 4Krafty Chicks!
Please do come back, we all love to see everyone’s creations!
Jackie GD

Andree said...

A super Christmas card. Clever techniques to create the fabulous striped panel. The lovely gold accents add to the festive feel.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Donna Walls said...

Oh so Fun Aimes! This is why I never leave home without the plastic. Great card and fun share. Thanks for joining in at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun, Jo x

Darlene said...

Awesome card inside & out my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons, Sisterhood of Crafters and Peace on Earth Challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

crafty-stamper said...

Great card inside and out,love the mixed media background and sassy image.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Melanie Hungerford said...

I really like that sentiment, what a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, just how true that sentiment is... the colours on your card are so vibrant and bold - love it!

Crafty KJ said...

Wow, this stunning! So much work has gone into this card and I love how you've created the background! A great image and your colouring is perfect - love the eyelashes too! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passon for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Sari / Granne said...

What a fun card, love the way you have decoreted it in and outside. Brilliant bright colors and funny sentiments. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 108.

Bonnie Lynn said...

What an awesome card! I'm loving those eyelashes on Autumn. Definitely gave me a good giggle this morning.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh Aimes, so much work in this fabulous card, love her eyelashes and the background is amazing, well done you. Another all around fab card.
Faith x

Kate said...

Your Ms Autumn is very sassy indeed Aimeslee - love how you've added the Santa hat to that wonderful head of hair and her eyes are hypnotic! Thanks for joining us on the front porch at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

My name is Erika. said...

That city scene looks great on the striped paper. I wouldn't have thought to put that image on stripes. One good thing about blogging is learning from what others make. And I like those shopping bags. Not that I shop that much anymore, nor do I want all the crowds, but you can't go wrong with a little shop every now and again. This is another fun piece. That gal could work for any season too so it's a good stamp. Happy weekend again. Hugs-Erika

Arlene said...

I loved your explanation of the city background mixed media panel and what a fun Christmas card!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "use some gold" February challenge.

Laurie said...

Cute holiday card. Love the red and green background panel that you created. Such nice coloring too. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

ahlers5 said...

Cute card! I had to giggle at her lashes a bit. I saw someone on TV the other day with lashes like that. Crazy!

K M Meena Herale said...

Fabulous work, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

Hugs
DT Meenaa Herale

https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun card and very sassy image…I think I have this stamp in my stash too…..lovely colouring of the image….

Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab image & I love the gold accents! Thanks for sharing with the Divas!!

foleysfriend said...

Loving how you created the green and red stripe panel, with the gold accents - amazing! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

MagsB said...

What a great card, Aimeslee! Ms Autumn is very glamorous - and your colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge..

love Mags B x

valscraftings said...

Fabulous festive card!
Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year. Val - DT
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Great card - love that sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at the Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic Christmas card design. Loving the sentiment Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome technique, Aimeslee and you explained it beautifully! Ms Autumn's eyelashes crack me up and you have really given her a glamorous look. Such a fun card.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.