Monday, February 20, 2023

Bluebonnet Birthday Blessings

 Happy Day, hope everyone's ok.

It won't be too long before the bluebonnets bloom down here in Texas, so it made me happy to color some up on this card. 

 
I used the current optional sketch at Stamping Sensations for my layout design.

I colored the Eureka Butterfly and Bluebonnets stamp with Promarkers, a little green colored pencil to shade the leaves and Stardust glitter gel pen for the butterfly and random dots. I used Distress inks to stencil around the flowers with a TCW Daisy Doodad stencil, but first I cut a circle mask out and put it in the middle of the stencil, covering the flowers. I printed out the sentiment, cut it and edged it and the base layer with a Promarker.
Inside, a designer paper scrap square and a sentiment I created in PSE, printed, ink-blended the edges and stamped some Sunday Int'l Lupines with Memento ink.

The stenciled back (oops, need to add my siggie) along with the front. I used A Colorful Life's Lotus stencil and Distress Inks.

Close-up of the coloring and the glittered butterfly. You can also kind of see the stippled Perfect Pearls.

And here are the stencils I used. (I laid a mask over the top one covering the bluebonnets so the middle section of the stencil wasn't used and the outer ring of it became my sketch circle element.)

And one last look. I really like how this mixed media CAS card turned out.
👀
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

21 comments:

Sioban said...

Having never seen a blue bonnet I am intrigued. They look lovely. Covering the image and stencilling round it does bring focus on the butterfly and flower. Hmmm food for thought. A really lovely card.

The Crafty Den said...

Such a pretty card Aimeslee. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Love the stencil you used and how you decorated the inside and back of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

brenda said...

A beautiful colour palette Aimeslee and such an effective way to incorporate the stencil work, thanks so much for joining in our February challenge at We Love Stamping and adding the stencil option.

B x

Cards By MI said...

Very pretty creation, looks smashing! Thanks for joining us over at PFM this week. A new challenge is now up for you to enjoy!
Love n hugs
Marie

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful and great stencil work!
Thank you so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge. Always so nice to see you there!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

María said...

Gorgeous card. You've made a wonderful job with the stencils. I love the paper you've chosen for the inside. And your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Aimes, and fabulous use of stencils. I love those vibrant, springy hues! Wonderful creation! Hugs, de

My name is Erika. said...

I just learned that bluebonnets and lupine are in the same family. I didn't know that. I actually didn't know what bluebonnets looked like, but I remember how Ladybird planted all the wildflowers including bluebonnets. This is a pretty card and brings hope that spring will come. And I enjoyed reading your comment about your MIL. I love mine too, but I don't want to take care of her at the point she is now. Hve a great middle of the week. hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

Aimes, you've created another masterpiece. I love Blue Bonnets but don't see them used in designs often, so thanks for sharing these! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card! I love the stencils and colors!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card! I like the spring time feel. Delighted to have you join us at Krafty Chicks Challenge for CAS week.
Diane - DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Those flowers are beautiful - love the stencilled image around them as well :)

Tristan said...

Aimeslee, that stencil provides a wonderful border for your pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at AAA BIrthday.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What wonderful uses of stencils, such a pretty colour mix and those flowers look like Lupins to me. A different name, maybe? Whatever, a colourful and incredible card.
Faith x

Judy McKay said...

Stunning. Beautiful card with so many beautiful details and colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Gale said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee! I haven't seen any bluebonnets yet but with the warmer weather we have been having, it should be soon. Love your stencil. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

ahlers5 said...

Love those flowers and the stenciling is absolutely gorgeous. I get so many ideas from you!

pinky said...

What a beautiful card with such gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Rachel said...

Beautiful colors, and I love how you used the stencil on the back! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

Jane.D said...

What a lovely card! Love the colours, such a pretty combination, and the stenciled back of the card, so beautiful and such a great idea. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday. Hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Deekshita Jaideep said...

This is SO beautiful , loved how you masked the center part and achieved the effect :) Thank you for playing at AAA birthday Card challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)