Friday, February 17, 2023

Happy Birthday Song Birds

 Happy Day to you! Hope your week was kind to you and weekend plans are shaping up nicely.

I'm sad to learn that Leann's World 101 digi shop and blog challenge are both closing at the end of this month. I went to her subfolder in my computer files and while I don't have many of her images, I found I've used all of them save one, so here is her Song Birds digi on my card to play in her final challenge. All digis are 50% off at checkout, too, if you wanna shop.

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing it to a 5.5x8" card. In my angst over getting the matted panels down straight, I adhered the horizontal one down first instead of on top of the 3 vertical panels. Oops! Oh well! 😬

I used an SU golden yellow card base and Pebbles birthday themed designer papers, matted with red SU card scraps. The musical scene was colored with Promarkers and I stamped a My Sentiments Exactly sentiment and little notes with Tuxedo Memento Ink. Her green eyes were colored with a Sakura Stardust glitter gel pen and I added some more guitar strings with my Carbon fountain pen. The musical notes were cut with Quickutz Squeeze dies in my Big Shot (which was nice since I did not feel like getting out my trusty old blue Squeeze).

Inside is a large computer-generated sentiment printed out on white card. I got out my Angel Pink and Peanut Brittle Memento inks, and my Hero Arts sentiment border and Catherine Pooler candle stamps and made a border.

The back of the card with a bit of the front to show continuity. Love the dotted/circle papers.

A close-up of the colored scene.

One last look.
👀
I'm praying for the earthquake victims in Turkey and for the residents of East Palestine, Ohio, that they all get the help they need.
🙏
Thanks for the visit!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

17 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute image and I love the rainbow papers in the background :)

Darlene said...

OMG how cute is this card! What a fun creation ... brought an instant smile!Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... yes, all we can do is pray they do the right thing for the East Palestine people. I have several family/friends in that area so I keep them in my daily prayers. What is our world coming too? Ugh ... Sad!

ahlers5 said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the choice of papers and the music notes.

Carol said...

A wonderfully bright and cheerful card with great backing papers.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

A great birthday card so bright and cheerful.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Donna Walls said...

Such a sweet and cheerful card. I'm saddened by all the closures recently. I guess all good things must come to an end. My prayers are also with those in Turkey, Syria and East Palestine USA. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Aimes! Such a darling scene, with the park birds enjoying your little girl's music. Your colors, as always, make the scene joyful, springy, and fun!
hugs,
de

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a colourful, beautiful card with lovely papers and colouring. I particularly like the way you added a twist to the centre layer. Also, a great addition are the notes, as for layering wrongly, who would have known if you hadn't said? Another fabulous make Aimes.
Faith x

Seafield Jo said...

Such a pretty, cheerful and bright card. I love the layout and your choice of papers.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

A cheerful singing image, beautiful colouring
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

My name is Erika. said...

I'm doing my Sunday morning catch up. My weekend has been good, although cleaning and helping the hubby out with his mom isn't really exciting. (Of course I do get to spend time with the hubby-smile). What a happy card.I love the idea of sitting on a bench on some nice green grass enjoying the day with some music. And your colors are bright and cheery too. Oh summer or late spring...and I like that birthday candle paper too. I hope you are having a nice weekend yourself and the arthurs aren't too bad. hugs-Erika

Gale said...

What a cute and bright cheerful card Aimeslee! Love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card and coloring. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Judy Woodland said...

Really sweet card, I love all the patterned papers. Perfect choices for this design! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT

K M Meena Herale said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

Hugs
DT Meenaa Herale

https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Great card, it's so bright and I love this image. Thanks for joining the LeAnn's World 101 Challenge.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Very sweet TFS over at 613 Avenue Create hope to see you in future challenges Elaine DT x