Monday, July 24, 2023

More Mermaids

 Happy New Week, everyone.
Hope all is well with you.
Last week I shared a mermaid tag I'd made that was supposed to be part of an assortment. I finally made time to finish the rest of them. To me at least they all turned out to be mildly humorous, which never hurts a thing.
😁
For this tag, I fussy-cut the mermaid from a page in an old planner and adhered it to the background that I stenciled with Distress Inks and an ArtistCellar wave stencil. I also applied embossing ink to the bottom half and heat-embossed a sandy ocean floor using sand embossing powder. The seaweed, shell and seahorse are all Whimsy die cuts I colored with Smooch Inks. I stamped the Sheena Douglass sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed it with white powder. I did a little gel-penning and adhered 3 blue glitter dots. This makes me smile.
😁
For this tag, I used another planner page adhered to card stock and cut into a shipping tag shape (but I rounded the top corners). Then I added a Tiddly Inks digital mermaid stamp I'd colored a while back and was in my stash waiting to be used. I stamped the Stampendous sentiment and heat-embossed it, then cut it down to add to the tag. I put 3 orange enamel dots around it. I used a white gel pen and Nuvo clear Crystal Glaze, then distressed the tag edge all around with some Chipped Sapphire DI and a blending tool. This one also makes me smile. I am imagining Neptune telling this little mermaid  to make waves and the octopus has this "Ruh-roh, Trouble" look in his eyes, lol. 
😁
For this tag, I used a printed and fussy-cut Gecko Galz digital collage sheet image and popped up with foam tape on a round coaster stenciled with Distress Inks and an ArtistCellar stencil. I added nautical die cut elements (Amazon netting die, Art Impressions ship's wheel and anchor dies) that I colored with inks and paint. I also added 3 blue glitter dots and edged the coaster with blue metallic paints. I'm smiling at this one because of her clearly mischievous look, what does she have cooked up her tail? 
😁
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I love the water and coastal venues, the sandy beach not so much. So I've made some tags with that theme, and if I could be a mermaid, I'd try it!
The water and beach ball colors inspired me.

17 comments:

Liz said...

A super collection of mermaid tags. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week and choosing to use the Summer Blues option.
Liz xx

Iris Flavia said...

Oh - I saw your comment on my blog from beginning of May as I was looking for Jamie´s pan pizza (did you try it, did you like it?) - I totally missed it and hence also joining you...

I love Mermaids and maybe will see some in Perth "for real" again (there are three women who really dress(ed) up and went to the beach/venues (last time I visited pre-COVID in 2019...).

Love yours! xox

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee, Your tags are all fantastic - colourful, fun and fantastic for Michel's challenge!The new challenge begins tomorrow, and then it's my turn!
Hope you had a good start in the week and are feeling well, please take care of yourself! Hugs, Valerie

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that little mermaid and the sentiment is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

brenda said...

Such pretty Mermaid inspired creations, many thanks for sharing at this weeks Allsorts challenge.

B x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous mermaid tags Aimeslee, and I love the quotes you added.
Have a great new week.
Alison x

Diane said...

What fabulously fun mermaids, each one unique and beautiful!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Linby said...

A lovely assorted collection of mermaids. The retro image is a great make. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

meg said...

A wonderful selection of mermaid tags with great elements and fun sentiments,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Mervi said...

Fabulous creations.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

My name is Erika. said...

OK let's try this again. My last comment wouldn't post-grrrr. I am loving these tags Aimeslee. I'm with you when it comes to mermaids. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I do like the expression on the mermaid in the square tag. She looks surprised by something. Hope it cools off soon. Hugs-Erika

Dawn Phillips said...

That's a fun set of Mermaids. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love your mermaids! I"m glad you were finally able to finish them.

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous mermaids and great projects! Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Lisa said...

Love all the great images on these underwater cards.

Andree said...

A lovely collection of mermaid tags. Each so different and with a great range of mediums.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Aimes, Seems that Follow it and my Reading list are not keeping up with your work! I only had your newest post today. Anyway – What a Super set of beautiful mermaids, all shown off beautifully with your artistic talent. Fabulous cards.
Faith x