Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Carmella and Staff

 Hey there, Tuesday!
Hope everyone is having a good start to the week.
I wanted to create a page to remember the community cat who adopted us back in 2012. We'd named her Carmella Miranda Cat, so when I saw this All Dressed Up digi named Miranda (linked below in the challenges) I got it to use. I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment which is pretty old and I'm no longer sure who made it. All of the insects and flowers are die cuts (Spellbinders, Divinity Designs, I/O, Sizzix, Newton's Nook). I colored the cat and Ladybugs with Promarkers and glitter gel pens. Glitter markers were also used.
I chose the right hand side of this spread in my 2009-2012 art journal for my page. It was already painted with gesso and some layers of acrylic paints.
I used some blue PA Fresco chalk paints to cover most of the area for a sky.
And then I used a black Posca fine point paint pen, a zig-zag edge ruler and straight-edge to create this fence which I painted with some brown acrylic. I added some green acrylic below it for the grass.
 
 
Four close-up shots. You can click on them to make bigger if you want.
One last look.
👀
And here she is in one of the few photos I have of the real Carmella.
You are missed.
💝
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day.
XXO


CHALLENGE LINK-UP:
Hosted by Alison
I've used Miranda Cat

17 comments:

Diane said...

What a beautiful tribute to your cat, love your kitty page, never can go wrong with a kitty (I have 6)!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in Crazy for Cats Challenge with your wonderful card!
Val DT - your Carmela kitty is beautiful 🥰

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal page, a lovely memento of your Carmelly. Sorry, short comment today, Aimeslee, I need to get to bed. Hugs, Valerie

Liz said...

What a fun page, I love all the detail. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

brenda said...

You have created a really colourful journal page, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Bx

craftytrog said...

Such a gorgeous page and tribute to your dear Carmella Aimeslee!
Thanks for joining in with my AJJ challenge.
Hugs,
Alison

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A cute story to go with your cute card. I love the fruit had. How unique to add stripes like in your photo. Great work.

My name is Erika. said...

I think you captured Carmella’s personality so well with this page. I love that kitty image 😀 I can just picture the real Carmella with that attitude In the garden. I’m glad you added some flying critters (like the bees) and joined us at AJJ. July is flying by, and no surprise for us, it is raining again. Stay cool. Hugs Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a pretty, sweet journal page *wow* I love it and it fits the theme perfectly.
Have a happy days, hug Elke

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous journal page my friend. I love Miranda (image and the real cat). She was so beautiful. Hopefully you're staying as cool as possible.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous vibrant tribute to your darling cat. I really need to start doing this and have pages ready to fill in my journal. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media Creative Artiste again

Donna Walls said...

Carmen Miranda Cat sure was a pretty lady! Your page is a sweet and fun tribute, love all the details Aimes. Thanks for supporting our challenge at The Paper Funday!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Anita said...

Such a sweet memorial, Aimeslee--Carmella was a gorgeous kitty indeed!

Lisa said...

Great mixed media card! Love the background. Super colors and a very cheery card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful page Aimes, I love Miranda and the really lovely background you gave her. Wonderful insect additions and love the fence too.
Faith x

nwilliams6 said...

Darling page! Love your background and that wonderful kitty. Your real life kitty was a beauty too. Sweet page!!!