Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Cocktails, Anyone? ATC and Card

 Happy Tuesday, hope it's been a good day for you.
What do you make when you want to combine an ATC with poultry, put it on a thank you card with a pink and grey overall color scheme and add in cocktails, stripes, dots and stenciling?
Well, I attempted just that, SO read on to see the results!
😁
Here's the ATC (Artist Trading Card) I made, and with it I'm entering the ATC Around the World Challenge #100. This month's theme is Poultry and I've had these kooky cute pair of rooster cocks in my stamp inventory for many years but have never used them before. I bought the little Inkadinkado set because it literally cracked me up laughing it amused me so. I have several of these little sets. The Muchas Gracias sentiment is from another set with a little chihuahua in a sombrero. You can find them sometimes on Etsy or eBay now. Multiple stamp companies made humorous little sets back in the day.
Anyway, I began by digging into my ATC drawer and finding a grey premade blank. I made and traded ATC's for a few years about a decade ago, even amassing 3 3-inch thick 3 ring binders full of them in trading card protector sheets....I collected hundreds before realizing I wished I had all the ones I made back. So I quit trading and only make them occasionally and just for me to keep, gift or use on a card. I do have a drawer of materials and supplies leftover, though. Stroke of luck finding a grey surface. I stamped the images and sentiments with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink and heat-embossed with clear powder. Then I colored the bodies with a white Prisma pencil, got out all my Sakura Stardust glitter and metallic pens and completed the coloring of the birds. I took a grey Promarker and edged the ATC, then I made little dots with a few different colors of Nuvo Crystal Drops.

And here's the ATC on an A2 size card. I needed a thank you card, so the idea was born! I'm thinking with their colorful tails, they could be celebrating Cinco de Mayo, which is next week!

 
This Splitcoaststampers sketch looks like it has an ATC for Element #3, so I just had to use it!

Okay, I found a piece of pink card stock in my Pinks and Reds paper stash drawer, and stenciled some Saltwater Taffy Distress ink on it using a stencil brush and a Picket Fence Martini Glass stencil. I was going for a tone-on-tone look! Then I found a grey animal striped washi tape in my washi box, added that to the left hand edge. Then a skinny grey MAMBI striped border sticker was found and added to the inside edge of the washi tape per the sketch. I added the ATC to the front and rounded the two edges with a punch, and did the same to the grey SU card base.
Inside, I stamped an MFT and Hero Arts mash up of stamps.

.
The back with the front. I stamped an Impression Obsession siggie and punched it out using an SU punch, then layered it onto a strip of the striped washi tape.

One last look.
👀
Take care and thanks for visiting me! 
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST FOR CARD:

22 comments:

brenda said...

It's such fun Aimeslee and loving the hot pinks, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and using the Animals optional theme.

B x

Donna Phelan said...

YES, please lol It's (always) 5 O'clock somewhere What a FUN and punny image and sentiment! Great ATC! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Things That Fly Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Makira said...

Fantastic sentiment! Love these cards! Thank you for your continued support of our Colorful Options Challenge challenge. Have a fantastic week! Cheers, Makira

Diane said...

Well, these certainly are cute and FUN!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Colorful Options!
Diane DD Co-Owner and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Alyson Mayo said...

Ok - this made me laugh out loud, especially your introduction and description! Such a fun idea with a great result!

Rain said...

That is so lovely Aimeslee!!! I'll have a cocktail with you any time you're free! ☺

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous and fun card, love your cock-tails! Hugs, Valerie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fun ATC design. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

My name is Erika. said...

This is not only a great ATC, but I really like the finished card. I think chickens are great for making funny or playful images. I have a few chicken sets myself. Not this set though, and I like the cocktails they are holding. I even like how you have pink cocktail paper. And I have paper shelves which are organized by color. It works out so much better doing that, doesn't it? I hope you're having a great week. Hugs-Erika

Laurie said...

So cute, so fun, so whimsical! Love the chickens and love your card! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so cute, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a fun card! I love the ATC you made to go on it. Gave me a good giggle. I stopped trading ATC's when I found people adding my ATC's to cards they made and claiming the ATC was their own design.

Conny said...

Wow, this ATC is wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant, you had me chuckling, love the pink glasses background and the lovely sentiment. A Super card.
Faith x

Allisa said...

Soo cute, I can totally see why you love the stamp set! Love all of the great texture in your design. Thanks for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Deanna Mulder said...

What a fun card! I love it. Those birds are so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

Heather said...

Very cute ATC! And it looks fabulous on the card! Love the sparkle on the image; it adds so much! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

What a crazy-fun creation with those awesome colorful tails! Do you think they were that rainbow-ish prior to their cocktails, or only after they had been partying a little bit? Loving the heat embossing, and your delightful sentiments! This is definitely an "only-Aimes-would-put-this-together" creation! hugs, de

ahlers5 said...

Great card! I love the gorgeous color pink.

Lynda said...

How much fun is this? Love the images and the pink behind the grey. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Nonni said...

This is so cute and definitely makes me want cocktails!! Thank you for joining us at Ink!

Pat said...

This is such a fun card Aimeslee with the cute birds and such a lovely sentiment and the shades of pink and grey work together beautifully. x