Sunday, April 23, 2023

Each New Sunrise Tag

Hello, hope you all doing well.
I've another scheduled post as I am still visiting with family.
I'm planning a little shrine for my late Father's birthday coming up in May and one of his big philosophies was that every new day was a clean slate to do good, start over, do better. So, I made this tag for my shrine to remember that about him. He taught that mindset to me and I can't even begin to describe what a blessing it's been in my life. 
I have this old Clear Dollar stamp set Rooster Sunrise that has the rooster, an extra sunflower and a few sentiments, and I thought it was a good choice to use here. I used a #8 manila shipping tag as my base. The first thing I did was to stamp the rooster and sentiment with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink and clear heat-embossed them both. Then I stenciled the sun's rays using Funky Fossil's Shards stencil and Dried Marigold and Fossilized Amber Distress inks with a blending brush. After that dried, I got out my Koi pan watercolors and painted everything. I went back over the sun rays with yellow watercolor too. I took a scrap of plaid from my stash, cut the tag topper with a Papertrey Ink die to attach to the top and used the leftover paper on the bottom of the tag. I stamped and heat embossed the extra flower twice, water colored them and fussy cut them, attaching one at the top and one at the bottom. I went around the entire perimeter of the tag ink distressing it with a Pumpkin colored Versa Magic chalk ink dew drop pad. Finally, I added a little glitter to all the flowers' center with some Cinnamon Stickles.
Here you can see the shine of the glittered flower centers.
And in this shot you can see the heat-embossing on the rooster and sentiment.
One last look.
👀
I will enjoy looking at this tag, celebrating and remembering my Dad.
Take care and thanks for the visit!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your tag is fabulous, love it. And I love that your Dad taught you such a great attitude so important. And I love the idea of the shrine. Hugs, Valerie
And thanks for linking to Pnky's challenge at Tag Tuesday!

Diane said...

Awesome tag and perfect for your shrine to represent your Dad, he was a wise man!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Four Seasons!
Diane DD and FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun tag. There's something about chickens and roosters that say country (even though now you find them even in cities). And good morning sunshine too. It's raining here, and there is no sunshine-sadly. But that makes it a good art and reading day. Hugs-Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous colourful tag love the stencilled sun rays and beautiful embossed Rooster.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Becca S said...

Farm-tastic!! We've got something to crow about! --with this fabulous rooster and sunrise tag! I'm sure it did your soul a lot of good making this and thinking of your daddy. What a tribute to him! Thanks for sharing at FarmQuest General Store! We love roosters, sunflowers, and field/landscape scenes! --Becca

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a FAB tag, Aimeslee. I love the image, color, textures and lovely eye-catching design. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.
Blessings,
karen L, DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that rooster with the sunburst - great tag!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful Tag. Love the colors. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

brenda said...

It's a great philosophy Aimeslee, being a GWTW fan I often quote "after all tomorrow is another day" following the same principal.

I absolutely love your tag, the Cockerel and sunrays epitomises a Summer morning, we get the cock in the morning but alas the sun is not often there of late. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping April challenge and at both using the Animals/Bird option.

B x

Gillena Cox said...

Fabulous tag and sentiments expressed.

Much💖love

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautiful tag Aimeslee! I love your fathers philosophy on life. May have to adopt that myself. Love the extra stickles you added as well. Have a safe travel home when you're done visiting family.

Donna Ellis said...

So bright and cheery, Aimes! Hope you are enjoying your visit
hugs,
de

Laurie said...

This is just great! So colorful and so much wonderful detail. I love the sunrise! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Darlene said...

Your coloring is amazing on this fun tag! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

PS ... thanks for also sharing with us over on our Double D challenge ... good luck!

pinky said...

Super gorgeous, so bright and cheerful and a beautiful sentiment!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely tag and joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love that philosophy too Aimes. What a wonderful way of thinking. Your Sunrise and cockerel would make anyone be glad to be alive, it's so beautiful. Gorgeous colours that are so alive. I am here with both hats on, so I will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's me again! Still loving this joyful tag. Thank you so much for joining us in our Stencil and/or Dies challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

ahlers5 said...

Love the bright colors on the rooster tag. Our neighbors just got 3 roosters this week. The man next door asked my husband if they bothered us. Not in the least. I love hearing roosters crow.

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful masculine card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card :-))
Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️

Goga said...

Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing at The male Room. Goga

Riet Harikini said...

Greatvtag, lovevthe design. Thanks for participating the Lost Coast Designs challenge