Saturday, April 22, 2023

Seize the Cupcake Birthday

 Happy Earth Day, hope yours has been enjoyable. 
I have family in for the weekend, so this is a scheduled post.
And it's something bold, bright and yummy!
😋
I made this birthday card for one of my nieces who is a teacher and loves bright retro colors, books and cupcakes! I just kinda closed my eyes and thought back to the psychedelic 60's. Actually, I was surprised to find these designer papers in my stash.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my card's A7 layout design.

And I found this Polkadoodles digi in my computer files to use as my focal image. I guess it's already retired from 2022, because I searched their store and did not find it.

Supply List:
SU card stock base
Anna Griffin Riley designer papers
Springhill Digital card
Polkadoodles Cupcake on Pile of Books digi stamp (retired), colored with Promarkers
MFT and Hero Arts sentiments, stamped with Glamorous Versafine Clair ink
And heat-embossed with clear powder
Clear Dollar Designer Labels and Tags dies
Sakura Stardust glitter pens
Viva Decor Pearl Paint Pen

Ok, I do not know why the sentiment layer looks like it has a bulge in it. It's not there in real life. I created and framed it in PSE, attempting some punny humor about the books and the cupcake on front.

The back has more of the Anna Griffin designer papers and a stamped, colored and circle-punched siggie.

Close-up to show the embossing on the strawberry and the sentiment. Also, glitter penning on the book spines and dotty cupcake icing sprinkles. Also, the dots around the sentiment were made with a Viva Decor paint pen.

One last look.
👀
I will catch up on my blog visits after our guests leave.
Until then take care and thanks for the visit!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

18 comments:

Donna Walls said...

That's a Groovy birthday card I'm certain your niece will love. I remember my older sisters wearing Mini Dresses in these colors and patterns. Actually leaving for school in something my mother approved and then changing in the girls restroom at the high school. I was still in grammar school so the mini dresses bypassed me. Those were the days! Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge, we love seeing everyone's lovely projects.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Jane Savage said...

Wow what a fabulous card, it certainly has a 60's psychedelic vibe about it!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Bethie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You have me stopped in my tracks. It doesn't get better than this!!!! I'm in love with your choice of papers. Love your pun which works so beautifully with your darling image. Wonder why it's retired? It's a cool download. Have a terrific week darlin'

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love your card! That paper makes me think of the Scooby Doo van, and books and cupcakes are a great combination. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

My name is Erika. said...

I love the contrast between pink and orange. Those colors work so well together and are always a fun combo. Isn't it great how color speaks a lot of info? This is a fun birthday card. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Brilliant, colourful and beautifully designed card Aimes. Love the image and your perfect sentiment. I hope you had a wonderful weekend with the family.
Faith x

Renske Wishes You said...

Beautiful and colorful card. Love the image you used. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles Polkadoodles challenge this week!
Good luck with your entry.

Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Books and cupcakes!! What could be better except to add some coffee/tea to them.

Helen said...

What a great bright and fun card - I bet she loved it!

Thanks for joining us at The AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic colourful card design, I would certainly eat that cupcake. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

corysnana said...

What a colorful, cheery birthday card! I love it! Thanks for linking it up with us at Let's Craft and Create this month.
Cathy LC&C DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Great card TFS over at AAA Birthday this time and hope to see you again in future challenges Elaine DT xx

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous card design, Aimeslee, and I love, love, LOVE that sentiment! :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at QKR Stampede this fortnight. Good luck and hope to see you again when our challenges return.
NanaConnie DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous and fun card! The red embossing is perfect, maybe I could say "it's the icing on the cake" ...lol 😊. Hope you are keeping well and thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hugs, Jo x

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Beautiful project thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Maria DT

ahlers5 said...

Cute card! I love the sentiment inside.

Jennifer Kotas said...

Love the retro vibes! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

cm said...

Echoing the others: your niece will adore this bright, vibrant, colourful, retro card! So much fun! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol