Thursday, April 20, 2023

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!

 Hey there, hope all is well with you.
I have a Z-fold Slimline  birthday card made for a special lady whose birthday is tomorrow. You may know her -- CD Sunday Plus Challenge's own Carol Doyle! Her big day begins in a few minutes as she's in the UK, so I wanted to make sure and post this bright and early for her. She has received it and says it made it across the pond just fine, even though the Royal Mail needed to open it first to take a peek. I hope they liked it, too! 😁

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my card front layout design.

I used a sheet of legal sized white card stock to make the card base and used a punch to round all corners. Basic Grey Phresh & Phunky designer papers covered every surface, along with blue copy weight paper for my sentiment mats. The middle sentiment is Impression Obsession and the back sentiment is Clearly Besotted. Both are stamped with Versafine Clair ink. The 3 cakes are from an Art Impressions stamp and die set, all stamped on white card with Versafine Clair and heat-embossed before being die cut. I used Avery Elle Signature seal dies to cut out and mat the small cake on front before adding the "80" with stickers from the BG paper collection. 

A view of the back of the Z-fold card. The siggie is matted with an Avery Elle die cut of BG scraps. Yes, even with layers of BG paper on both sides of the base, it still folded up fine and fit into a #10 envelope. That's really just the same as 3 pieces of heavy paper, but I do admit to being a bit worried about it so the enveloping was checked more than once during the card making.
😊
For the front, I used TH Sizzix word dies to cut out the "happy"s and the "birthday" from the front blue mat. I stamped some Stampendous balloons with Versamark ink, heat-embossed them with white powder and colored with pencils and Promarkers. Once I adhered the blue mat (I ran it through my Xyron to get a thorough adhesion), I colored in the words using my glitter pens/markers. 

Close-up of the middle cake, colored with Promarkers and glitter pens/markers.

And close-up of the back cake, colored the same way.

One last look.
👀
Happy Birthday, Carol! Enjoy your big day!
Thanks for the visit and have a great evening.
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
CD Sunday Plus Challenge #108, Hosted by Margaret
Since I do not have any digi elements on this card, I'm playing just for fun, using my third entry to say Happy Birthday to Carol!
I used most of the same colors as in the photo...I used orange instead of yellow

24 comments:

Carol said...

Thank you so much Aimeslee for your wonderful card. It looks fantastic in real life as well.

I have only just got up and have made a coffee and am about to open my cards. I had a visit last evening from a friend with a beautiful bouquet of flowers so my birthday started early.

Thank you again, my friend.
Hugs
Carol xx

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous card you made, dear Aimeslee, I can understand Carol loving it, and even the post office wanted to see it! Have a happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you repeated the happy word so many times. What a great card. It's got great "birthday" colors-meaning fun and joyful- too. I really should make some birthday cards since I've recently rediscovered card making. I need to post some too. I'm not sure my card making is anywhere near as good or as interesting as yours is though Aimeslee. You could link this up to TIOT with all the colors too. Just saying. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

Well, if the Royal Mail didn't like it then Shame on them! LOL. It's a lovely card for Carol. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Kampin' Karen said...

The back is just as nice as the front! Thank you for entering your fun fold at Creative Creases and happy birthday to Carol!
Karen, DT

Laurie said...

What a fun birthday card! I love the tri-fold style and you've taken full advantage of all the space for many happy birthday wishes. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a cute slimline birthday card! Love how festive it is and the fun fold is great. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Rae said...

You're slimline fun fold is so happy. The perfect card for a great celebration. Thank you for participating in the Creative Creases challenge.

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks for linking up with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

ahlers5 said...

I apologize for not commenting in sooo long. I have been having a doozy of a time health wise, I am trying a new treatment for neuropathy and the first treatment went very bad. I was so out of it after the treatment I fell asleep on my way home...not good. Thankfully, I didn't get in an accident. Now I appear to have another skin cancer, this makes eight. I'm waiting to see what type it is if it is cancer. I have been having to home school my grandson while he was suspended. That is something I said I will never do again! Recently, I had to teach my other grandson how to quilt. It never ends. I plan on being on your page for a long while. I an sure I missed so much. This card is so sute. I love each of the panels.

Joan said...

Great card, clever use of the rainbow colours

Thanks for joining in at Try it on Tuesday challenge

Pamela said...

Even though this isn't a CD Sunday entry it's still a great birthday card and yes she is a really special lady.
Pamela

Jocelyn said...

What a fabulous card to celebrate our Carol's special birthday. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Terrific panel card and I love all the "happy" sentiments! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Pia S said...

A fun colorful design full of birthday party feel! Great use of the rainbow colors. Thanks for sharing with us a Try it on Tuesday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Popping by a lot today :) -- This tri card is fun - I love mini bases! Thanks for joining in at the AAA Birthday

Jane said...

Fun and bright and cheery - your signature look Aimslee. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Margarets designer cards said...

A lovely special card to celebrate Carols birthday,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

No wonder Carol is thrilled with her card - it's fabulous. I love how you've done all the 'Happy's' in different colours against the dark background, looks fab.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Michelle Lupton said...

Another fun card! Thanks for joining in with our birthday challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Nicole said...

All the cake on this card is making me hungry! It is so cute! Thanks for playing along with the Inspiration Station this month!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card! Thank you for joining in with our monthly challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero!

Riet Harikini said...

Congratulations with winning the challenge at Lost coast designs. Your entry is so lovely. Thanks for joining.