Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sending Birthday Fishes

HiHo and Happy Day to all.
This is a birthday card I made for one of my female cousins. 

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing it in PSE to a 6x6 card.

Supply List:
Leann's World 101 Saleena digi, colored with Zig Clean Color WC and glitter pen markers
Dick Blick white tag board card base
Purple SU and White Springhill Digital card stocks
The Wiggles designer paper
LaLaLand Under the Sea dies (dark purple bubbly curve and fish)
Memory Box/Poppy Stamps Loopy Rings die
CC Designs sentiment, stamped with Versamark and
Heat-embossed with white powder

Inside, I used Nocturne Versafine Clair ink on white card to stamp sentiments from Sheena Douglass' Sea View collection. I cut the card with a Spellbinders Labels 5 die and layered on the Wiggles designer paper mats.

The back of the card...

Close-up to show the glittery shimmer of her eyes, wand and watercolored tail.
And a close-up to show the white heat embossing on the sentiment.
I also wanted to show the 12x12" sheet of designer paper I used. It's a very old 2004 sheet from an Australian company named The Wiggles that I've had in my stash almost that long, bought as a single sheet. But apparently it was just waiting there for me to use for this card. So I used it on all 4 surfaces and was able to use up the whole sheet. I love when that happens! 😍

And final view.
👀
Thanks for the visit and have a great evening!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
BUBBLES & BIRTHDAY
Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid at WDW Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland
I used multiple dies listed above and Zig Clean Color WC markers

26 comments:

brenda said...

A super colourful fun girly card Aimeslee, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful car from all side Aimeslee,great design and love the dies and gorgeous Mermaid.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Larelyn said...

Such a sweet image and such a fun card. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Starts with a B Challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Carol said...

Lovely card - all that beautiful blonde hair. I wish I had been a blonde but it's all grey now so I could say I was a blonde and no one would know.
Take care.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous and colourful card, so beautiful! Have a great week, Aimeslee, hugs, Valerie

Treva said...

What an adorable card, I'm sure your cousin love it. Cute mermaid, like the added shimmer.

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Start with a B Challenge.

Treva

Arlene said...

What a cute mermaid! Such a darling card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge for using water colors and die cutting and/or dry embossing.

Liz said...

A cute, feminine card Aimeslee, I’m sure your cousin was thrilled to receive it. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Ilonka said...

A gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing it with us at LeAnn's World 101 Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

ClaireB said...

Cuch a cute card with that sweet mermaid, and so much detail inside and on the back of the card too. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and the Unicorn challenge this month Claire DT

Renske Wishes You said...

Beautiful and cute card. Love the mermaid. Thank you for joining the Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge. Good luck with your entry.

Crafty hugs Renske Penny's DT

My name is Erika. said...

It take forever for your posts to hit my blog list. That is so weird. This one arrived today. She is one cute little mermaid. And I love that quote. Being a Pisces, birthday fishes are always true. smile. hugs-Erika

Makira said...

WOW! 💜💜💜 this! Your use of patterned paper is amazing! Your little mermaid is perfectly at home in her purple bubbles. Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a creative & peaceful weekend. Stay dry! xoxo Makira

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful card and a super take on the sketch Aimes, a lovely mermaid and colours making this a GREAT card, I'm sure your cousin will love it. Hope all is well and Arfur isn't about?
Faith x

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

ahlers5 said...

Cute mermaid. I love all the bubbles!

Pamela said...

This is great Aimeslee - such a pretty card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute - love all the "bubbles" - Thanks for joining in at the HLS Watercolor and AAA Birthday

The Dream Pages said...

Beautiful..
Thank you for joining us at HLS die challenge, stay safe and keep crafting..
Swapna

The Dream Pages said...

So beautiful..
Thank you for joining us at HLS water colour challenge, stay safe and keep crafting..
Swapna

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely fun card, I love the blonde hair and the image works well with the backing paper
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the glitter and all the die cuts you've used.

Thanks for joining us at The AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Seafield Jo said...

A lovely image - she look's like she's having lots of fun! Beautiful colours and I love the bubble and fish dies. Your cards are always so beautifully finished. I'm sure your cousin loves it.
Jo xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Great card TFS over at AAA Birthday this time and hope to see you again in future challenges Elaine DT xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Crafters and Colourists. Marlene DT

Jennifer Kotas said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!