Sunday, April 16, 2023

April Showers Birthday

 Hello, hope all is well with you today.
With all the April Showers challenge themes are going on, I wanted to play since we've had a really wet Spring here along with most everyone else and this would be a good card theme. Hunting through my digi stamp files I found two cute little pre-colored girl images in my Free Dearie Dolls digi folder. I thought they could be the same girl or close enough and the colors matched well, too. I paired them with a Stamplorations umbrella stamp (stamped with Nocturne Versafine Clair and clear-heat-embossed) that I colored with Promarkers. The girls and flowers are so similar, so I thought, why not? This is a birthday card going to a girlfriend who has a young granddaughter, so I thought she'd like it.

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing it to a 6x9" card. I didn't like the tag elements so I just made them rectangles.

I used a 9x12" sheet of white Dick Blick tag board for my card base and designer papers from DCWV Flower Stack pad, which is quite old and no longer sold. I also used a few of my very old Prima Sprite paper flowers and a couple of yellow brads. As I was sizing and framing the girl images in PSE, I added the sentiments with my text tool, and I made a blank frame with sentiment to stamp the umbrella in after printing out.

I also created and framed the inside sentiment with PSE and layered it on some of the DCWV paper I used on Front.

On back, still more of the DCWV paper as per the front, with a stamped and circle-punched siggie I colored with Promarkers.

And final view.
👀
From this angle you can see that I edged each image with blue glitter using a Wink of Stella glitter brush, for extra little interest. The middle one came out lighter because I'd used a Spectrum Noir glitter marker on it first but didn't like it so I used the Wink over it, then I did the outside images. I guess the Spectrum Noir's glitter showed through lighter. Since it was the center image, no problemo! 😉

Hope your weekend has been nice and thanks so much for visiting!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

 

24 comments:

Pamela said...

I love this Aimeslee - it tells a story. We've had dreadful weather her in South Wales but slowly the days are getting dryer and the sun occasionally shines.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Becca Sadler said...

So chipper!! Cheerful!! The split design make it great to do a 2-fer theme card! Thanks for sharing at MTTC's Easter flowers or Spring Flowers theme options! --Becca/DT

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful colourful card Aimeslee and love the cute images.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is very pretty, those girls make me happy! The images are really lovely. Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Carol said...

Another wonderful creation. So bright and colourful. Every one of your cards is a work of art.
The weather here is still awful. We have had April showers until we are sick of them.
Take care and stay dry.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Jane said...

Oh fabulous Aimslee! Bright, colourful and fun, love it. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Pia S said...

A happy and playful card design with plenty of colors. Fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.

Seafield Jo said...

Such a wonderful, bright and cheery card, sure to make anyone smile!
I am so sick of showers (not just April one's!), plays havoc with my joints!
Jo xx

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Cheerful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Hali said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining Vesela hiška.

Diane said...

What a fun, bright and cheerful card, great colors and such cute images too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and Double D!
Diane TSH DT and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Stencil Fun}

My name is Erika. said...

These ladies and their umbrellas are fun. I really like how you added the umbrella panel in the middle. We have April showers coming in this weekend, and sounds like they'll last a few days. In a way I'm happy because it will make me feel less like I need to be out in the yard. In another way I really want to finish up these pre-garden chores so I can start planning my planting-the fun part. hugs-Erika

Lynda said...

Such a fun and colourful card - it made me smile.....love the vibrancy. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Valerija said...

Very cute and colorful card. I love it.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Valerija DT

ahlers5 said...

I just love the brightly colored images with that great background paper. Beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

She is adorable in her Springtime colors! Great job on the layers. Thanks for joining in at the AAA Birthday

FinArt said...

Verry playful card. Love the bright, happy colors. Thank you for playing with us at Vesela hiška. Hope to see you soon. Have a crafty day. Janja DT

Majda said...

Beautiful colourful card I love it.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Majda DT

Margarets designer cards said...

This card sums up our weather April showers has been one long shower, today the sun is shinning but it will be raining later, we will soon have webbed feet, I love hos you put the images together, explains April very well
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Michelle Lupton said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining in with our birthday challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card, love it! Thank you for joining in with our monthly challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero!

foleysfriend said...

Really like how you tied the two pre-colored images together with the STAMPlorations umbrella with the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

Sue N.

Jana Forrest said...

Aimslee what a clever idea to use 2 Dearie Doll images for your card. This really captures the spring her in the US (also the world). Thanks for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck, Jana Forrest DT