Thursday, October 1, 2020

Time For OCTOBER's Love to Craft Anything Goes Challenge!

 Happy October, Y'all! It's the first of the month and that means time to share my design team make for October's Love to Craft Challenge #51, which is open until the 31st and all types of crafty projects are welcome as long as it's family friendly and not all digital. And you can enter up to 5 projects, so come check us out!

I am sharing an 8x8" Autumn Deco for seasonal display in our home. Both sides are decorated. I shared the other side with you HERE. This side features Impression Obsession's rubber cling stamp called Scarecrow Boy and also a sentiment made from the Build Your Own Message clear stamp set. 

I used Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2's current sketch #190, resizing it to 8x8" in PSE. 

My 8x8" base was painted green. To it I added green script fabric tape all around the perimeter edge. I have had the punched maple leaves since last year in my stash, so now was an excellent time to use them. I colored them with a Sunflower yellow Promarker and adhered all around. 

Here you can see the maple leaf punch I used. It's made by McGill and is pretty old. Still works great, though!

So after adding the punched yellow leaves, I cut a square of Graphic 45 Seasons collection paper to put in the center small enough to let a bit of the green base show, but I didn't adhere it to my base until I had finished decorating it. I colored some of the little flowers in the paper print yellow. I then turned my attention to stamping my focal image.

I stamped my focal image and my sentiments and heat-embossed them. I have several of these faux wood frames like this oval one I used, from way back in the day. Forgot who made them, maybe Paper House? I trace the outer perimeter of the frame on the back of my image paper and cut it out just inside the lines, then adhered the frame to the image.

I put foam tape on the back of the frame to pop it up a bit, but I was careful not to put the tape close to the edge so I could slip my leaves underneath. I cut out my stamped sentiments with an MFT Pierced Rectangle Stax die and adhered them to my focal frame. At this point, I still had not adhered the middle section to the base.

I've had a ton of these shiny leaf sequins for years. I also had some leaf die cuts I'd bought years ago. So, I decided to just adorn my page with both. I added 4 green leaf brads to each corner and then once all the leaves were tucked in and adhered, I tied a length of orange fibers around the bottom. THEN I adhered the  middle section to the base.

Close-up of my bead and charm danglies with copper wire. I made 3 very simple danglies with copper wire, beads and charms for the bottom edge.

Close-up of the leaf sequins and brads....

And close-up of Scarecrow Boy...

Thanks for dropping by to check out what I've made. Hope your day is amazing! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 #190 -- sketch is shown above
2.  Impression Obsession Autumn Colors Challenge -- I've linked the IO stamps used in post above and have not used any other stamps or dies.  
6.  Paper Funday #21: AG + Opt. Autumn -- I played the option
13. Outlawz Twisted Thursdays 9/24-10/7: AAG -- I did not play the option this time.

15 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A super project. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

NanaConnie said...

This is fantastic, Aimeslee! Love all the leaves and your choice of fibers was perfect. A huge 'thanks' for playing along with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Joy Wilson said...

Awesome Autumn card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

My name is Erika. said...

Great autumn scarecrow Aimeslee. I love all your details. Thanks for joining us at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

ahlers5 said...

Another cute scarecrow card! Love it.

anne said...

A fabulous autumn project and a great way to use our sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at SSW2
Anne SSW2 DT

Unknown said...

Another fab Fall creation, Aimeslee! Love all the colourful leaf embellishments and sweet scarecrow image with his birdie friends.
Thanks again for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Angela said...

Fabulous page. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge with Twist at The Paper Funday Challenges this month. We hope to see you again next challenge.
Smiles, Angela DT Member
DT
https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhh so lovely! That scarecrow shines with the awesome colouring. There's no doubt it is fall with all those lovely autumn leaves. I've never made an art deco and I bet it is fun to do and fun to hang. You rock Aimes. Hugs. Have a great weekend!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation and love how you design your work, great colours… Many thanks for entering into our challenge and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie design team member for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Leslie said...

This is so cool! Love that scarecrow, and the sketch is awesome! I always love your extras! ;)

Helen said...

Love the Scarecrow! And all your embellishments.. especially those beads! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!
Helen

Doris Klein said...

What a colourful autumn creation.. very nice and great done of the sketch!
Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is fabulous - love those colours and so many great little details! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

Joan said...

Lovely project and such a cute scarecrow

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan