Sunday, September 27, 2020

Side #1 of My Autumn Deco

 Hello Again! I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful weekend like we are. I've been taking more breaks than usual to just go outside and hang out on the back porch. But I have been working diligently on my newest project: a double-sided 8"Autumn Deco for my home display. I'm sharing each side separately because they really are two separate art pieces and the other one is my October design for Love to Craft. So I'll share that one on Oct.1 (which is in just a few days EEGADS).

This side features G45 Seasons collection paper, Artsystamper digital images and my stash and scraps. I used the pre-colored digital images from the Fruit Stand and Autumn Gifts stamp sets. Graphics 45 paper is very pretty and I have collected a lot of it but I never use it because I find it difficult. I really admire those who can make amazing things with it. Anyway, I thought using one of the Seasons collections papers would be a good start because I do need to use it all up some day! Using these Artsystamper images really helped me add to an already super-busy paper design. I printed out the two purpley flower blossoms, the basket of peaches, and two pairs of loose peaches from one set, along with two gourds from the other set. I fussy-cut them all and then arranged them in the center  of the page, using dimensionals to pop them up a bit.

 

I had painted my 8-inch square base on both sides with green acrylic paint. (I usually use these quilt project squares. They have a waxy coating but I sand them.) I cut a piece of G45 to fit in the center, tied some green satin ribbon around two of the corners, then adhered it to my base. 

I took a silver Sakura metallic gel pen and colored the Autumn sentiment, then brushed all the yellow flowers with a yellow Wink of Stella. After arranging and adhering my digital images and brushing them with clear Wink of Stella, I began adding flat-back rhinstones and flowers, Deco Art Pearl Pen, Stickles and a yellow dimensional paper flower I had in my stash. 

Lastly, I had been keeping some very thin copper wire and little beads leftover from a long ago scrapbooking kit. I dug in my charms and set about creating some danglies at the bottom of the Deco. I always have fun making these because I get to throw the kitchen sink at them and get bumpy and busy. Since I have to mail the majority of the art I make for others, and therefore keep most of what I mail flat, I look forward to not having to mind that rule although it's seriously hard to remember that I can do it! Creature of habit!




Some close-ups of the design...

And a final look. Oh, the yellow pointed leaves you see peeking out? I will be sharing the other side on October 1, so be sure to come see! Until then, have the bestest week ever and stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
3.  Crafty Creations #413: AAG - I used challenge sponsor Artsystamper digital images 
4.  613 Avenue Create Sept. Challenge: AG + Opt. Twist Use a Charm -- I've played the twist and have charms dangling at the bottom.
6.  Paper Funday #21: AG + Opt. Autumn -- I've played the Autumn option.
7.  Outlawz Twisted Thursdays 9/24-10/7: AG + Opt. Twist of Gems or Pearls -- I used several little rhinestone gems and pearly made from Deco Art Pearl Pen.

18 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous decoration for your home! That Graphic 45 paper is one of my favourites and I love all the additions that you made to create all that texture - amazing 😁. It's looks spectacular! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

This page is amazing Aimeslee. You certain captured the beauty of autumn. I love the idea of book to display too. This will be a great addition to your home. And hurrah for all that super texture and (thanks) for linking up to Art Journal Journey. It's also good to be able to be outside more, isn't it? We also had a hot summer and these cooler temperatures are really nice. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

OH my friend this is just AWESOME! So much Fall beauty in this piece (can't wait to see the other side) and you have incorporated the Artsystamper images perfectly! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Elena C said...

Hello again Aimeslee. Appreciate you being back here again with a beautiful creation for your home. That looks like it took a ton of time to put it all together but the result is beautiful. You will enjoy it.
Thank you for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge. Always love to see your creations. Please join us again next month.
Elena DT

Darlene said...

Well, in case you haven't figured it out, I LOVE this project! So much beautiful fall color and your used of the Artsystamper digis is perfect! WELL DONE!!!!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop by for a visit.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW amazing Autumn project Aimeslee love the Graphic 45 papers and little dangling charms
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Angela said...

Fabulous Autumn project. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge with Twist at The Paper Funday Challenges this month. We hope to see you again next challenge.
Smiles, Angela DT Member
DT
https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Whoop Whoop, a wonderful project to hang. You rock at these. I love Graphic 45 papers too and also find it difficult to use, so I just sit back and admire projects like yours. This will be lovely hanging in your house. Can't wait to see the second half.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful autumn decorations and thank you for sharing with us over at Art Journal Journey.
I am always catching up these days as my husband is still ill and needs constant care.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

So fun! Chock full of great harvest goodies and colors! Wonderfully done and so creative!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimeslee, it's beautiful! Thanks for joining us at TRCC, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hugs,
Em, DT

Nandini said...

Wow! Gorgeous project! Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again this month. Nandini, DT

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing piece of art. There is so much to look at and admire. So much autumn goodness. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

sue n.

Debbie Mageed said...

This is incredible and quite a feast for the eyes! Wonderful details!! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Katy said...

Wow! This is awesome! I love all of the autumn happening here! I love that it's a decoration for your home. It's nice when you can enjoy the things you make :) Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

creativetimewithme said...

Awesome card! Thank you for participating in The Rainbow Card Challenge!

Thank you,
Mary Ellen, The Rainbow Card Challenge DT
www.creativetimewithme.com

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Chana Malkah said...

What a stunning creation! I am looking forward to seeing the other side! Amazing detail! You did a great job Aimeslee! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah