Thursday, September 24, 2020

Faux Stitches in Sailor Blue

 Ahoy, Blogging Mateys! lol I'm feeling a bit full of myself today. That Beta storm is gone from my area, finally! Sadly, the usual places in Houston flooded with a vengeance. I would not live there if you paid me to. It was fun in 1978-83 when I was young and single and there was much less concrete. I'm keeping Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi in my prayers as Beta moves on.

And another reason I'm feeling chipper is, I'm posting my entry for the current Sunday Postcard Art theme! On time! Not late! This week the theme was chosen by my old online friend Marion Bockelman (bockel24) and it's Faux Stitches. I used more of the deli paper stitched clouds I die cut the other day.

The story on this postcard is only that you'll likely be seeing a few more ships from me in the coming months. I stamped and die cut several ships and have a little box I need to use up now. The stamped ones are all fussy cut so that means they gonna get used, lol. I'd die cut these Impression Obsession sailboats, actually cut 2 sets of the trio dies. I thought they would go great with the Flair waves paper that was originally 12x12 scrapbooking paper from wayyyy back. And I bought tons of this paper as well as tons of fishies papers. This was when I'd fall in love with a sheet and buy up a bunch. Still struggle with the urge to this day and it's truly dumb.

  

    

I added a sky stamped with a Technique Junkies Van Gogh stamp and then adhered the Poppy Stamps Whittle Cloud stitched die cut deli paper cloud up top. I used a blue Sakura metallic gel pen on the cloud outline and a lighter blue Sakura Glaze gel pen on the stitches. Had to, because it was down right invisible otherwise. It looks super cool in real life.

Okay, so while this would be great on its own as framed wall art, I decided to use it on a greeting card. I am always needing guy cards and this made into quite a nice one. The sentiment is computer-generated and I made 2 of them. The other one is longer so I may use it with the other set of sailboats in a landscape orientation and a different sky. 

I cut a A7 card base out of Recollections card stock and added another different scrap of very old Flair patterned paper to mat my post card art. Then it was all just a matter of adhering the postcard and then the sentiment which is cut with a Lawn Fawn Everyday Banner die.

A ridiculously simple card but one that packs a huge color punch, I think. I love it.

For the inside, still more patterned paper scraps. I haven't decided who this will go to, so I will add sentiments then.

  
You can see the cool paper that I used for the card front mat here on the back. I used a siggie from a new Hero Arts Stamp and Die set and stuck it on a punched circle leftover from something, with a little of the waves paper behind it.

That's all for now. Thanks for docking at my pier and I hope your day goes swimmingly! {HeeHee}

20 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love this! Really beautiful nautical scene!

bockel24 said...

Wow, I love your stitched clouds - so creative!

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely summery scene. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful! All your cards are so beautiful, so artistic. I love the scene on this card.

Helen said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the blues and the sailboats!! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

Liz said...

What a great scene you've created! Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Laurie said...

This would make an ideal birthday or Father's Day card for some special guy! Love the effects of both the clouds and the water you created. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Chrissy said...

I LOVE your background Aimeslee and such a great scene..
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

Wickcliss said...

Great card for our challenge, love the stitching details and the colours.Thank you for joining us at the Male Room Challenge, Clarissa DT.

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
In Search of My Creative Side

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely scene created with pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zoe DT

Joan said...

Fab nautical scene, great masculine card

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card tugs at my heart. I love water themes, especially nautical. This is one fabulous piece of art. Love how you used the Van Gogh stamp. Before reading I looked at the close-up photo and thought, "my words that looks like Van Gogh, and then read you used a stamp. Your stitched clouds are awesome. I don't own any "stitched" dies yet and would love to get some. Great piece, Aimes. Hugs and love. Stay safe.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful nautical card and a super scene. Thank you for linking this with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
I am always catching up these days and I have enjoyed my visit to see your posts.
Yvonne
Stay safe.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is such a calming and relaxing card... I can just picture being on the water. So very well done!

Riet Harikini said...

Lovely card, I like the nautical theme. Thanks for playing along with the mancave challenge from Lost Coast designs.

Sari / Granne said...

Love all the blues used and the effect of movement you have created, gorgeous. Thank you for joining The Male Room "Travel"-challenge, I hope to see you again in our next challenge (starting Oct. 7th)

missgailly said...

Fabulous card using a favourite theme (nautical) and colours. Wonderful! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

ionabunny said...

Lovely feeling of movement with the sea and clouds. Thanks for joining the the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Helen said...

Beautiful design - love the scene you've created.

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

Helen x
(GDT)