Monday, September 28, 2020

Outlawz Monday Greetings Guest Design #2: Birthday Chick

Monday Greetings! I've got my final September Guest Design today for The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge to share with you. Come play with us! The new challenge runs until October 11 and the theme is Yellow Monochrome. You can create any project and any products, but it must have a greeting or sentiment on it along with following the theme. The digital image I used was generously provided by our September sponsor Fabrika Fantasy and is called Spring Chick #2


I used the pre-colored version of the image printed on Springhill card stock and fussy cut. All of the papers I used besides the white Recollections card stock card base were scraps from my Black Hole of Stash yellow drawer. The two ribbons, washi tape, Sprites paper flowers and brads are all from my stashes of those categories and as such, Lord Only Knows anymore from whence they originally came. 

For my sketch, I used the current one at Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I resized it a smidge to 5.25 x 7.50 to fit the envelope I wanted to use. 

  
For the front ribbon band, I first made little pencil marks where I wanted the band to sit on my card front. Then, I laid down two strips of washi tape on some Scor-tape (I always use washi tape with double-sided tape when I want it to stay put). 

  
Next, I cut a scrap of Recollections card stock and some yellow scrap leftover from the bottom paper mat to my band size, glued the yellow to the cardstock and then adhered Scor-tape to the top. I added some torn strips of the washi tape to that, then laid down some light yellow sheer ribbon on it so that the ribbon stuck where the washi tape wasn't. 

I also added another strip of Scor-tape on top of that in the center and adhered a darker yellow ribbon, tucking under the ends before adhering the assembled band to my card front. I did it this way because I was working with sheets of patterned paper mats on my card front and needed to hide my edges as these ribbons badly fray, but I needed to tuck under card stock or else the paper mat would be lumpy. The darker skinnier ribbon became the ground for my chick and I love the flowery washi tape's subtle hint of some busy greenery behind the ribbons. I left some un-taped space along the back of the band's long edges so that I could slip the checked patterned paper and Clear Dollar Stamps hand-stamped sentiment under the lip of the band on top and bottom. 

Although I chose not to decorate the inside of my card yet until I know the recipient, I did decorate the back. Long ago, I had printed out on my laser this swirly pattern on yellow card stock for some reason and did not use this piece so it has sat in my stash drawer...until now! I added scrap paper bits and washi to the siggie area and then added the EKS siggie stamp with Memento ink. 

Adding the Prima Sprites paper flowers (remember them?) was my last step. I put some Doodlebug brads through the centers before adhering. I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Guest Designs for The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge and will give them a look-see the next time you need some inspiration. 

Thank you for the visit and I hope you have a great Monday and week! Stay well and safe, XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  Outlawz Wednesday Sketch 9/16-9/29 -- sketch is shown above
7.  Arty Divas #29: ATG -- 5th and final entry
8.  Paper Girls #208: Pick Three -- I picked Layers, Circles, Flower

15 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm back again. This time I want to say thanks for sharing this card with us at Try It On Tuesday. I love the cute chick. The yellow and purple make such a cheeru combination Aimeslee. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Sandra said...

Love it Aimeslee, great way to fit both, or actually 3 challenges on The Outlawz!!!

ahlers5 said...

Very cute card, Aimeslee. Love the image. I have such a difficult time with monochrome challenges and I have a couple coming up. I'm not looking forward to them!

Elena C said...

What a fun card Aimeslee... I love that chick (I'm kind of partial to chickens, especially baby cartoonish chicks)... Great job with this design too. Totally different from the first. You are a talented lady to be able to go to such totally different creations.
Enjoyed this a lot!!
Thank you for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge with two...
Elena DT

Mrs.B said...

A great card Aimeslee, I love the yellow chick and how organised are you - organised scraps, mine are just in a box - hmm.. maybe that's which I don't use them very often - I need to organise!
Thanks for sharing this over at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh so nice in the yellow. It's such a happy colour! Nice work with the monochrome look. The chick is cute.

Leslie said...

Adorable! Love the image! ;)

Chana Malkah said...

Fun card! I am trying to use yellow and orange more in my crafting because are so cheerful! I love what you have done here!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Pat K said...

What a fun image on this great mono card. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Another great card, Aimeslee. Thanks for joining us at TRCC, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hugs,
Em, DT

Izzy Scrap said...

Fun card and a great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Rainbow Card Challenge.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry to be so late visiting - it's been a bit of a week! I love your fun card, what a great way to use your scraps! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

creativetimewithme said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for participating in The Rainbow Card Challenge!

Thank you,
Mary Ellen, The Rainbow Card Challenge DT
www.creativetimewithme.com

missgailly said...

Adorable chick on a happy, bright card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

Helen said...

A great colourful and cheerful design.

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

Helen x
(GDT)