Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Autumnal Amber Decorative Tag

 Hello on this final day of September! Yes, I am completely in disbelief, yet here we are. I barely had time for one more challenge make before the deadline. SO many more I wanted to get to. Race begins again tomorrow, but here is my last one for this month, a decorative Fall tag for my art corner.











As is my usual custom, I decorated both sides. It's a #8 manilla shipping tag (6.25 x 3.125").


I cut a sheet of Seven Gypsies Avagnon book print collection paper and adhered it to the tag front, then sponged on Gathered Twigs, Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey Distress inks and blended them.

I did the same to the back of the tag after adhering a strip from a vintage dictionary page.

For the tag front, I printed out the uncoloured jar of leaves and 2 falling single leaves, and the pre-coloured acorn branch image and fussy cut them. I adhered the acorn branch with craft glue and a lipstick brush. I coloured the jar of leaves and 2 single leaves with my Promarkers. I took scrap strips of leaves paper and glued them down at the bottom to anchor the jar, then I glued the jar image. I added some yellow and some gold glitter enamel dots and the (the ancient package says Sticko Nostalgique) round FALL letter stickers. I tied the rest of my flaming orange fibers I had cut for my 8x8" Deco from a few days ago. I then noticed {SCORE!} that the leaves strips at bottom have a bit of the same hue, enough for the eye to pick up, and I was not even consciously aware of it while creating. LOVE when that happens! :-) I still remember Suzi Blu years ago giving that tip: when you use one color, try to use it at least once more on another part of the canvas...just enough of it for the eye to see. It's a dang good tip.

Okay for the other side, a slightly different process. I tore a column from a sheet of vintage dictionary paper and glued her down to the ink-blended tag back, then ink-blended that. Then I applied some gold leaves ElizabethCraft Peel-Offs cascading down the sides and into the center. I left open areas of all but one leaf to let the book print show through, but nothing more, pretty simple. I am now thinking I will fill in the others now that I see the bottom leaf looks the best! heehee


















Thanks so much for stopping by to check out what I've been up to! Hope you are having a good week! Stay well! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.  Rainbow Challenge #21: Autumnal Amber -- 3rd and final entry  
4.  Jan's Digi Stamp Challenges: Sept. AAG -- I used images from Wisps of Autumn and Signs of Autumn
6.  Creative Fingers #193: AG -- I used sponsor's Jan's images on the front of my tag. 3rd and final entry
8.  Paperbabe Challenge #128: Dimension -- I used enamel dots for dimension
16. The Paper Girls #208: Pick 3 -- I picked Tag / Circles / Gold

20 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Your Tags are rather gorgeous. Love them both. I like the colour choice too.
The peel off looks awesome..I have tons of them I never use, so maybe its time I took them out and see what I can do with mine.
Thank you for the inspiration and Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesay..it's always good to see you Aimeslee..xx

Ella's Design said...

Brilliant tag, Aimeslee! Love the rich, Autumnal colour tones and lots of lovely leaves and foliage...a great seasonal make.
Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Spotted your lovely tag at ModSquad where I played for the first time. Just love your fall colors and all the layers!!

MeSi said...

Love your tag, it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you again!
Merja DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's gorgeous, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us again at TRCC and I hope we see you again soon!
Hugs,
Em, DT

Nandini said...

Loved both sides of the tag. The colors are beautiful and I love the layering. Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again this month. Nandini, DT

Joy Wilson said...

Fantastic tags! I lvoe the distressing! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fabulous tag Aimeslee. I love the idea of the leaves and the mason jar. You sure captured the feeling of autumn! Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. And Happy October. Hugs-Erika

foleysfriend said...

Gorgeous tag! You've done a great job of highlighting "autumnal amber" for our monochromatic challenge. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

sue n.

Mari said...

Such a gorgeous tag. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Fingers.
DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

Katy said...

So cool! I love that you do all the sides of tags and cards! This is an awesome tag-and you have inspired me to get out those distress colors. They are such a pretty combination! I love the front and back of this. :) Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous autumnal tag. Many thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Lorraine DT

creativetimewithme said...

Fantastic tags! Thank you for participating in The Rainbow Card Challenge!

Thank you,
Mary Ellen, The Rainbow Card Challenge DT
www.creativetimewithme.com

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the front and the back. Great idea with the gold stickers. Thanks for joining the Mod Squad challenge. Hugz

Karen said...

Wonderful tag ~ Beautiful layers and embellishments. I can't imagine how you keep track of all the challenges but would love to know! Blessings on your week ~

Pamela Duncan said...

Beautiful tag ~ Thanks for joining us on Jan's Digi Stamp Shop challenge. Pam, DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! Another fab entry for TIOT, Thank you Aimeslee! Hugs, Chrisx

Julie said...

Gorgeous mixed media make Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck! Juliex

Meggymay said...

A beautiful autumn tag, the colours look fantastic. Thank you for linking with us over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous Autumnal tag Aimeslee, both sides look beautiful and the colours look so vibrant.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril xx