Saturday, October 3, 2020

In the Woodland with Red Riding Hood

 Hello again and I hope we are all doing well or at least well enough! I am dragging my acetate today, I must confess. Pulled an all-niter working on this project because it just got more and more involved. Because I took so long on it, I can't go to sleep until tonight because I am now behind on making a guest designer card that is due this evening! Thank goodness I have that one all planned out and images printed. Gosh, what a horrible job I've done with time management. I sure hope this is at least worth looking at since I spent all mine and 7 other people's time on it, lol. This is a 4x6" post card that I then added to the front of a birthday card,

Okay, first up is the post card itself, this week's Sunday Post Card Art entry. The theme is "Woodland". And there's a brick wall on there I purposefully put to honor the memory of Marie Markham, one of the original Three Muses, founding The Three Muses and Take a Word challenge blogs, where I've played for a few years on and off. RIP Marie - you will be missed! I've made a scenic woodland landscape 4x6" collage and who knows woodlands better than Little Red Riding Hood? Everything is hand-stamped, either directly to the 4x6" base (the Birch tree background) or fussy-cut and collaged on. Except: the mushrooms were cut out of the patterned paper and the fence and grass are die cuts.

Paper: Recollections Card Stock, Springhill Digital Card Stock, Canon Matte Photo Paper, Craft Consortium Over the Hedge paper collection
Stamps: Impression Obsession Birch Trees CAC; I Brake for Stamps Brick Wall; Funky Fossil Scandi Home house, green tree bushes and flowers; My Cute Stamps red birds; Avery Elle Red Riding Hood and fox; Sweet n Sassy Forest Silhouette wolf
Inks: Promarkers, Memento, Versafine Clair
Dies: Sweet n Sassy grass and fence
Other: Clear embossing powder

So, once I finished the post card, I went on to construct my greeting card. My white card base is Recollection Heavy stock and I've used some Craft Consortium mushroom paper for the base mat and the contrasting side for the 3 vertical strips as per the sketch...

I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch from way back that I resized to an A-7 in PSE. I chose it because it has that big old 4x6" focal area just perfect for my Woodlands scene.

To detail how I constructed my scene: I stamped the background, heat set it, then stamped and cut the brick wall, adhered it. Then I stamped, colored, fussy cut and die cut the rest of my elements. 

I colored the foreground a light tan and drew quick little mounds in a darker tan. I arranged my elements in a "dry run" and took a photo once I was happy with it. Then I began the taping and gluing.

I matted my post card onto a scrap piece of olive brown SU card stock for stability. A very simple sketch design. The hardest part was getting the trio of 2-inch wide strips on there straight and lined up evenly.

For the back of the card, I used leftover contrasting scraps of the mushroom papers along with one of my extra punched leaves that I turned over to the white underside to stamp my Hero Arts siggie. I'm trying to use these any way I can! haha

Here you can see the ceiling light shining off of the embossed nite sky - is that a full moon? heeheehee Well, I don't know if it was worth all the time and effort, but I do like this card very much now that it's almost finished! I still haven't added a sentiment to the front or anything inside yet, on purpose. I mean, it's definitely a birthday card and I can always use the Avery Elle sentiments but I don't know yet who is getting it, so I will hold off in case I come up with something more clever. Besides, I've got promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, ugh! ;-)

I do hope you are having a delightful weekend and I thank you much for stopping by. Please say hi! Stay well, XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
6.  Cut It Up Challenge #210: WCM Day Make a Card! -- I used die cuts Fence and Grass
7.  NBUS #19: AAG with Never Before Used Schtuff -- all the Funky Fossil stamps and the IO Birch CAC are first time used.  
8.  Outlawz Festive Friday 10/2-10/15: Anything Goes or Fall themes

14 comments:

Vicki said...

Cute card with the Little Red Riding Hood image. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Don't Fence Me In" Challenge.

Leslie said...

Super cute scene you've created there, my friend! Wow, lots of planning and lots of work went into this, and it's well worth it! Love it!

Diane said...

Adorably cute scene you have created and I can see all the time and work you have put into it, well worth it though as it is super cute! Don't feel alone
though as I too have pulled some all nighters for DT work, I work best under stress, at least that is what I tell myself..hah! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Sim said...

Beautiful hand made art work!
So rare in the digital challenges...

(I thank you a lot for your sweet tribute to our dear Mary :)

ahlers5 said...

Such a great card. I love that sketch. I will have to look at Splitcoast to see what sketches they have. I always go to just the standard. Wonderful!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This scene is truly adorable. I love it!!! The gorgeous trees and blue sky, and all the little other touches make this stand out. I'm sorry you didn't get sleep. What we put ourselves through for our cards and blogs, eh? -- Bethie

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous Aimeslee! A truly beautiful woodland scene with Red riding Hood as a guide! Hope you don't lose too much sleep this week! Hugs, Chrisx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute card. Thank you for joining the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW! What a great scene this is and I for one love it!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling little scene, Aimeslee - just love Little Red Riding Hood with the sweet house and birch trees, plus all the other little details!!

Alyson Mayo said...

WOW - what a lot of work but the end result paid off. Your card is awesome! The images are placed perfectly and coloured with excellence - but I wouldn't expect anything less from you!

Darnell said...

You're a hard worker, Aimeslee! This card is a great take on the sketch you chose and all the many details came together perfectly to make a wonderful Little Red Riding Hood scene! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Totally worth all the time and effort you put into this card!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut it Up for our World Cardmaking Day challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Karen Page said...

The sacrifices we make in the name of Art!!! SO glad I'm not the only fool...er, dedicated crafter, to pull an all nighter over a card or post! I try to tell people... *I* always try to work ahead so I can be done well ahead of the deadlines. My mojo on the other hand is a firm procrastinator and will not listen to reason!!! LOL So glad you shared this and your story with us at 2CCC!
~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo