Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Born To Be Wild

It's me again, with a Tuesday Toodaloo for you, sweet blogging friends! LOL :-)

Well, the Guy card demand just won't leave me alone. I'm blessed that way, which is why it is good for me to practice making them! Honey and I have been blessed to have made long friendships with many of his coworkers. The birthday card I'm sharing today is going to one of those. Earlier in the year, I made his lovely wife a jungle-themed card HERE but not until after I'd planned his card did I realize both cards had a wild vibe going on. Well, they are a wonderfully wild pair! We've definitely made some awesome memories together. He's ridden a bike as long as I've known him, so I used that as the theme and as he is my age he remembers Steppenwolf's song.

 
I made a smaller 5x5 square card this time, doing my usual resizing in PSE and printing out.

Paper/Card Stock Used: Bazzill Textured card base; Basic Grey Archaic pp; orange snippet - stash

Stamps Used: Lawn Fawn Mil ABC's (Born To Be Wild sentiment); Wild Rose Studio (Happy Birthday circle); Artistic Outpost (motorcycle); HOTP, Gerda Steiner, Cas-ual Fridays (inside sentiments) (Sweet Stamp Shop (back siggie).

Inks Used: VersaFine Clair, Memento, clear embossing powder

Dies Used: Spellbinders Postage Stamp Nesties

Misc: Cropadile Corner Chomper

On the inside, I tried to continue the "wild" word play with various sentiments I had. 

On the back, I used a snarky siggie on snippets from the front.

The stamped Born To Be Wild sentiment wasn't heat-emboss, but the circle sentiment and the motorcycle were.

Here's the rest of my pics...


I'm very happy at how this card came out. Honey likes it a lot, so I'm thinking our friend will as well. A Happy Accident: I never noticed how the horizontal lines of the base mat turn up as if to symbolize wind. Seriously, never saw that until I was writing this post, lolol. Love it!

CHALLENGES:
1.  Outlawz Wednesday Sketch August 7-20  - sketch is shown above
2.  CHNPPC August: AG with Patterned Paper
3.  ABMTTC #98: AG Always
4. The Creative Crafters #19: Always AG
5.  TTCRD Anything Goes Challenge August 20

Well, that's it for me. Thanks so much for visiting -- Be Blessed! XOX

5 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous card! I love the stamps that you used, the motorbike looks amazing and as always your attention to detail is wonderful, the back and inside sentiments are perfect 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Crafting with Darcy said...

Great card, Aimeslee! Your friend will love it! I'm sure of that!
By the way, you are a July winner at the Outlawz, so be sure and check on your prize!
Hugs!
Darcy

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is super fun and how neat that it sortof goes with the wild theme of the one you made his wife. That worked out great!

Meggymay said...

Its an awesome card for a male friend or even a female friend who loved motor bikes. All the images you used and the sentiment quotes on the card are fantastic.
Yvonne xx

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx