Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sympathy card for a friend...

Sunday Salutations! Just a few hours left before another work week begins!

I am popping in very quickly to share a sympathy card I've made for a dear friend who lost her husband to cancer last week and I will get it in the mail tomorrow.


I used the current Atlantic Hearts sketch, first opening it in PSE, resizing to 5x7 and then printing out.

Here's are a few close-ups to try to show all the gold sparkly shimmer on this card. Click to enlarge. I sprayed Smooch Spritz in Gold and Pink on a white card through a Stamplorations butterfly stencil and trimmed it down for my first layer on my SU card stock card base.

I rounded the corners of my card base with my Cropadile Corner Chomper. I used some snippets of black-gold Shimmering card stock that were in my stash to die cut a QK Photo Corner and a Spellbinders Basics rectangle to mat behind the focal butterflies. In between, I used a piece of patterned flowery gold foil card stock from SEI's Sunny Day collection.

I used the rest of the SEI paper on the card back, along with some snippets from the front leftovers and an Impression Obsession siggie stamped in VersaMark and heat-embossed with white embossing powder.

I stamped my Pink By Design sentiment on another black-gold snippet with VersaMark and heat-embossed with white embossing powder. The 2 butterflies are Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Kisses stamps and coordinating die. After die cutting them, I stamped with VersaMark and then heat-embossed with detailed gold embossing powder. I adhered them to the paper on their centers with a 1/3-inch glue dot so their wings remained free. I finished off the card with a few sparkly gold enamel dots and tiny punched butterflies using the last of my black-gold snippet.

UPDATE! After posting the card last night, I found this patterned paper in my 12X12 Colorbok Deliliah collection and added it to the inside of the card, along with sentiments stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink and made by Pink By Design. This leaves room for a handwritten note on the left and signing the card on the right. Note to File: great way to use those larger sized papers with an image in the corner. 

CHALLENGES:
1.  Atlantic Hearts Sketch #329 - Sketch is shown above.
2.  PaperBabe Stamps Challenge #100: Gold - I've used black gold shimmering card stock and I sprayed my butterflies stencil with gold shimmer spray along with pink. I heat-embossed my focal butterflies in Gold embossing powder and added gold enamel dots.
3.  Scrapping 4 Fun #147: Sympathy or Get Well Soon
4.  Moo Mania #197: Butterflies
5.  Take a Word: Butterflies
6.  Stamping Sensations August: Things with Wings
7.  Outlawz Crash Your Stash: Embossing Powders
8.  Stamplorations Summer Mixed Media Challenge: Stencil + AG
9.  Cut It Up #180: Die Cut + Sentiment
10.  Aud Sentiments #233: Animals + A Sentiment
11. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #29: AG with a Critter

Thanks for visiting! XOX

21 comments:

foleysfriend said...

A lovely sympathy card you've created. Love your choices of papers - they complement each other so well. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing card Aimeslee! I love it. Thank you for supporting Moo Mania & More! Happy new week. Susi xxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so sorry about your friend's loss. This card is perfect in every way. Love the sparkle on the butterflies and how, in your signature style, you finished the back too. Have a great start to your week Aimes. Hugs.

Rosie said...

A wonderful card for your friend

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's husband. She'll appreciate the thoughtfulness of your handmade card.

It's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Focus on Sentiments challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Brandi said...

Very pretty card, I really like the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Donna Ellis said...

Darling butterfly creation, Aimeslee! I especially lie the Asian flavor and wonderfully layered inks and embellishments! and now for my DT hat: So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Great techniques & so many details, very lovely card. Thank you for joining AHSC this week.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So hard to make these sympathy cards, but yours is really pretty. Wonderful work.

Crafting with Darcy said...

I'm so sorry about your friend's loss of her husband. Cancer is such an ugly disease. Your friend will appreciate your sympathy card. It is beautiful and sincere and I love the inside and back as well as the front. It's really gorgeous!
Hugs!
Darcy

Lori Saul said...

A lovely card and the butterflies are so symbolic!

Michele said...

ooh, this is just lovely! well done! xo

Wendy said...

Hello Aimeslee! Thank you for commenting on my blog recently! It is a nice reminder to check out your blog (I get so busy & I follow so many) What a lovely part of my day it has been!! This particular card stole my heart ~ I'm sure your friend will be comforted. I love the use of gold embossing and how you've finished the back of it too. Blessings, Wendy / "Hi!" Notes

Deann said...

Beautiful card well done.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

So sorry to hear about your friends husband!
Beautiful card!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Taluula said...

Simply stunning, my friend.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful card.

New Creations said...

It is so beautiful, love the inside with beautiful sentiment and PP! So sorry to hear about your friend husband.
Thanks for joining at Cut It Up challenges!
DT Vinita

valscraftings said...

Lovely card, love the birds inside!
Sorry to hear about your friends hubby, my hubby died of cancer too!

Thank you for joining in at Scrapping4funChallenges
DT Val

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's never easy making sympathy cards but those beautiful gold butterflies add such a symbolic touch. Thank you for sharing over at Paperbabe stamps.
Creative Hugs Tracey (DT) x

K M Meena Herale said...

Sorry to hear about your husband. Beautiful card. Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time. 

Hugs 
Meena S4F DT