Monday, July 1, 2024

It's Merry Little Christmas Challenge Time!

 July Greetings!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
I'm here with my inspiration make for the new challenge at MLCCB.
SUPPLY LIST:
White card stock base
Light blue SU card bottom layer
Wrapping paper scraps
Red Wausau paper
Spellbinders Hemstitch Squares die and Basic Matting Square dies
Unbranded Stitched Triangle die
Stamplorations sentiment stamps
Bluebell VF Clair ink
Promarkers
Silver Posca paint pen
White and Glitter gel pens
Red glitter dots
For my focal image, I've used a retired digital set called Silver Bell from Beccy's Place, printed on Springhill Digital card:
I used the uncolored image and colored the bell with the silver posca paint pen. The rest was colored with Promarkers. I accented the flower centers with glitter gel pens and the berries with white gel pen.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design but resized it to a 6X6 card size.
The wrapping paper scrap I used has a shimmer to it that doesn't get picked up in the photos, but it's nice in realife, which is why I used it.
I have several layers on this card, using my Spellbinders Basic Matting dies along with the Hemstitch die and the stitched triangle dies on each side as per the sketch.
 
Stamplorations sentiment inside and on back more of the wrapping paper scraps with a stamped and punched siggie that I colored with Promarkers.
Close-up of the coloring and glitter/shine.
Because of the bold red and hint of plaid in the paper, this will be going into my stack of guy cards for the single fellas on our list.
Come join us in the challenge!
Complete playing guidelines are HERE.
Thanks for the visit and have a great start to July!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Image used shown above
Song Silver Bells and Bell (musical instrument)
I like the bright bold red with the soft greyish blues as I've done here. While I usually gravitate toward the cooler analogous color combos, I sometimes like bright and soft with primary colors. I also like using Christmas colors in an unexpected way.
.
The focal image features a ribbon on the bell!

10 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

I love non-traditional colours for Christmas and this is so pretty with the bell as the vase. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

Anita said...

Such a lovely card, Aimeslee! Love the colors, and love your coloring. The shimmer from the background paper must be contributing so much to the festive look too! I like seeing twists on Christmas colors too, and your card does that so well. xo Anita

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Love your card! It is so pretty!!!

Imke said...

Lovely christmas card.Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon and good luck in the Top 3 draw.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Beccy said...

Your card is fabulous Aimeslee! I love the colour combination, particularly that gorgeous, vibrant red. You did a great job of interpreting the sketch, I like how you used the triangle die cuts in the background. I also like the pretty wrapping paper you used.
Cheers,
Beccy

*Vicki* said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card! Your image is so beautiful and beautifully colored! Love the colors along with your background and all of that glorious shimmer it has! I can see it, but I know it always is hard to capture..but I do see it my friend! Someone is going to be getting a lovely gift for Christmas this year! HUGS

Jackie C said...

A great Christmas card!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh how pretty this is Aimeslee! I love the flowers in the little bell and your colours are just gorgeous! Vicky x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Oh what a beautiful image to colour up! Gorgeous! And the sketch is perfect to let the bell be the star! Thank you for playing with the All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - KCC DT

Carol said...

I love what you have done with this image. It makes a really great Xmas card. I am off now to spend some money.
Hugs
Carol
xx