Wednesday, July 3, 2024

HootHootHooray Birthday!

 Hello!
Hope everyone is staying cool and dry!
We've been holed up inside trying not to sweat our buns off in 100F heat and on Hurricane Beryl watch. I have a childhood friend who retired to Cancun and she is fixing to get it.
It's Summertime, alright!
So here is a nice Summertime birthday card for a sweet college friend of our daughter's who has become like a second daughter to us. She loves owls, mushrooms and all bright neon colors, especially pink, purple and orange. So, I tried to include all that on her card, lol.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
Instead of that huge heart, I added a small hearts cluster.
The hearts were part of the mushroom stamps and dies set I used.
Supply List:
Recollections white card base
SU white card for stamping
Prima Sasha A7 designer papers
Promarkers to color images
Woodware Hunting Owl Linocut stamp
HOTP and Lawn Lawn sentiment stamps
Versamark+Nocturne VF Clair inks+clear embossing powder
Altenew Mushrooms and Hearts stamps and dies
Cheerful, Verdant and Charming Pink VF Clair inks
 
Inside I stamped a mashup of MFT, Hero Arts, PoppyStamps and Altenew stamps for the sentiment.
On back, more of the Prima Sasha papers and a Stamped and punched siggie.
An angled close-up to try to show the magnificent heat embossing I got on the focal image and sentiments. The owl looks so good in real life that I decided to leave him uncolored as I think he stands out better that way.
And final view.
Thanks for visiting me today and I hope your week is a pleasant one!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK UP:
Mushrooms and hearts
"HootHootHooray" is a punny play on the words "HipHipHooray"
I used the board's bright pink, orange, green, blue colors and animal and plant life
WDW Animal Kingdom
Column I: Embossing / Free / Patterned Paper
Pride Flag like Eden's
 

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Her favorites created quite the fun and interesting collage.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's great to see this wonderful, colourful card in our challenge this week at passion for Markers, thank you for joining us there.
Lorraine

Heather said...

Such great colors! Love all the papers and fun details! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Alyson Mayo said...

That's a super cool owl - they truly are remarkable animals. Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)

Diane said...

Such a fun and colorful card that has it all!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, The Sisterhood of Crafters and Colorful Options!
Diane TB Co-Owner, CO, TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

Donna Walls said...

Great card Aimes, it's colorful and cheerful. Please take care and prayers you will not be affected by the Storm! Thanks for playing along and sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenges

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Aimes..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

SarahR said...

Hi Aimeslee, wow what a wonderfully bright card this is! I love the colour choices, so bright and cheery and, as always, your layout is fab! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at Passion for Markers - Sarah, DT.

Makira said...

Hi Aimeslee!
Have you looked at some of the colors in the other pride flags? Gorgeous!!!
Your card is fantastic! Love the owl! Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge & Park Hopping My Happy Place. 🤞🤞 Beryl doesn't head this way. Stay dry my friend!
Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks x 3 for sharing at Christmas or Not Bingo, FarmQuest Anything Goes (outdoors/owl/trees), and for HAOOCAYR's birthday occasion!!! The scene you've created is so creatively coordinated! It's one of your styles of cards that each time you look at it, you'll discover something new each time!! --Becca

My name is Erika. said...

A couple of days with little computer time and boy do I get behind.I haven't sent he news either so what did happen with Beryl. I know it hit the Windward Islands; that's the last I saw. Onto your card; I love this owl. Those bright colors look great. It's an interesting image too. It looks like a woodcut. Did you end up pigging out on a lot of food yesterday? I did. More some other post for me. Thanks once again for joining AJJ. hugs-Erika