Saturday, June 29, 2024

Summer Mermaid ATC

 Hey there, hope all is well with you.
I couldn't remember the last time I played at the ATC challenge, so I figured it was time. The theme is Mermaids and I had a Gecko Galz mermaid paper doll already printed out and fussy cut. I found her in my Water bits and bobs box, along with backing paper from GG's Beach Life ATC set and the tiny shell and round sequins and fish brads. I found the little pink pearl beads in my bead box.
I layered the GG ATC paper onto a trimmed down scrap of kraft card and used a pink glitter marker to color around it. Then with a needle and pink thread, I attached the shells and pearls at the corners, stitching them down. I colored the mermaid with Promarkers and added some pink glitter marker to her buttons. I popped her on using dimensional tape strips. Then I added the fish brads and the round sequins and done!
I chose not to add any words since the paper already has the word "SEA" at the top and the bottom.
😊
Thanks for visiting me today and enjoy your weekend!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen
I used the paper doll from the June 2022 Fantasy challenge and the ATC paper from Beach Life ATC Set.
 
The Adventures of the Little Mermaid Magic Kingdom
Inspired by the board images, colors and water elements

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your sweet mermaid, Aimeslee. Today I wsould love to be a mermaid as it is so hot here! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

ATCs are so much fun and I'm glad that you were able to make one! The pattern behind your mermaid is very cool and I just love those tiny little fish accents in the background! The mermaid is gorgeous in those colors! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Julia said...

Absolutely gorgeous
Julia
Gecko Galz DT

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun piece. I love the little fish and the shells in the corners. This is perfect for our latest TIOT challenge. Thanks for joining in. And I hope you have a nice weekend. And it's not too hot too. :). hugs-Erika

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimes, your mermaid ATC is so cute! I had to go hunt down that ATC collage for my stash. I hope you're having a good day my friend.

Donna Walls said...

Wonderful and fun design with lots of interest. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope to see you next month.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the movement in the background of your lovely mermaid Aimes, such a lovely card with so many lovely details. Arfur is visiting me, he's such a pain, I hope he left you well? x

Chrissy said...

She is gorgeous and I LOVE the bright background with the little fish and shells, fabulous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Mia said...

What a beautiful ATC, Aimeslee. I love your mermaid. Thank you so much for joining Craftlandia Challenge. Good luck in the draw. Hugs, my friend.