Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Christmas Pageant Solo

 Hello!
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the week.
Nothing beats the summer heat like making a Christmas card.
HAHA - I wish!
Nevertheless, I got the idea for this and felt a bit cooler making it.
(Probably because I was in the air conditioning lol.)
I'm thinking this lil guy is performing a solo in his Christmas Pageant.
So the heat is on for him!
I used this Splicoaststampers sketch for my A2 layout design.
I chose it to once again use the Cut It Up technique.
I used Gerda Steiner stamps and dies for the cat and the music notes.
I colored the cat with Promarkers.
The sentiment that is stamped on the sheet music is by Crafters Companion, as is the top sentiment sentiment banner stamped on some of the scrap music paper.
I used black VF Clair and red Memento inks to stamp.
I heat-embossed the cat and the sentiment banner.
Also, the cat and the banner are popped up with dimensional tape.
I got the sheet music out of this 1947 Baptist Hymnal I found years ago at a used book shop.
I scanned it into PSE and resized it to print out on some "vintage" paper I bought that looks old.
I took the lazy way out for the card base and designer papers.
Card base was already cut and I picked the designer paper out of my 6x6 orphan papers (sheets I received long ago when I shopped online scrapbook shops and they'd send extra sheets as goodies so I never knew who made them). I used some scrap Wausau red paper to frame the sheet music which is cut apart and placed back together using that Cut It Up technique.
 
The back and inside of the card.
I used another unknown brand sheet that matched the colors of the sheet I used in the front, so I'm assuming they came from the same collection...or brand.
The inside sentiment stamp is Stamplorations.
P.S. - He made it through the song and got a standing ovation.
😎
Thanks for visiting and have a great Hump Day.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
I heat embossed the top sentiment banner and the caroling cat with clear powder
Secret Lives of Pets

25 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

That singling kitty is adorable - love the vintage created music paper. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Donna Walls said...

Oh my, how adorable and I love the sketch! Great card Aimes, Thanks for inspiring us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

María said...

A super fun card. I love the papers you've chosen and how you've played with the sketch and the different layers. The cat is adorable. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

*Vicki* said...

So adorable!! Love the musical sheet behind this cutie and what a fantastic layout!

Heather said...

What a cute kitty! He's really belting it out, lol. Great design for him, and perfect dies to go with - love your paper choices! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you were able to get cool making this cool (and cute) card. It all works together so well. I wonder how Mr. Kitty can even read the lyrics with the hat pulled down over his eyes. Grin. And you mentioned in a comment on my blog about how hot and humid it is at your house for so long. Not getting into the 70's until October. Augh!!!! It sounds too hot for me. Even though I must admit our snow in the winter isn't for me either. If only there was a place that was a constant 75- ish degrees and low humidity, I might be happy. :)

Becca Sadler said...

Terrific musical masterpiece for the Christmas holiday!!! Thanks for sharing at MTTC and MTTCChristmas!!! It's not often that themes can coordinate like this so glad you got a two-fer! :)

Lia said...

I have got that stamp too, and it is so adorable!! I like the layout of your card and the papers you used to get things done.
Lia DT POE

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An absolutely delightful card Aimes, love the sheet music and the little cat. A beautiful design. x

Anonymous said...

What a fun card and nice take on our challenge and thank you for joining us again at the Liftchallenge!

Lisa said...

Your Christmas card story is delightful and full of creativity! Despite the summer heat, your festive creation featuring the Gerda Steiner cat and music notes, along with the vintage sheet music from a 1947 Baptist Hymnal, brings a cool, nostalgic vibe. The use of various stamps, inks, and dimensional elements adds depth and charm, making it a unique and enjoyable project.

Judy McKay said...

What a cute Christmas card. Very nice design. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

Very cute - love the papers you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Imke said...

You did a great job with our theme "Layers" @ Little Red Wagon this week, Aimes. Sweet christmas card. Thanks for joining us and good look in the TOP 3 draw.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Bonnie Lynn said...

Jaw dropping adorable!! I love your kitty caroler and great take on the sketch!

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

A very nice card; I love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round
Annie (DT)

Chrissy said...

So very cute, love the music sheets, I get them as often as I find them, and the kitty singing at the window is adorable..

luv CHRISSYxx

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Jane Savage said...

Now this made me smile...so adorable!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our ‘Christmas in June’ Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Jackie C said...

This is cute and sweet!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Lynda said...

Love everything about this - so festive and cute. The colour scheme really works well. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Lynda said...

And thank you for sharing and joining us The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge too xx Lynda/Loopyloo

Ginny said...

The festive vibe is on point! Adorable card. So glad you're joining us in this A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge. All the best!
--- DT Gina Ang ---
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge for June, #6-2024