Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Father's Day!

 Hope everyone is having a great weekend celebrating the dads in your lives.
It appears that beginning Tuesday, we will be on the dirty side of not one but two low pressure storm systems which may or may not become a named tropical storm. So we'll be enjoying this holiday, the literal calm before the storm.
This year I made Honey a fancy fold card with beer images and wine sentiments, lol.
Because I used bubbles die cuts and a bubbles stencil, I figure it works.
I did a lot of inking and I used multiple shapes of torn edge dies.
I cut the bubble dies with yellow vellum and I also used colored jute twine.
And the beer and all the sentiments are heat embossed.
 
I was determined to use the mood board at Inkspirational challenge, but I didn't have any designer papers that worked, so I stuck with card stocks. I decided to use Cracked Pistachio DOX for the stenciling on the grey card stock and Peacock Feathers DOX for edge distressing.
Everything was stamped with Nocturne VF Clair ink, except for the beer liquid which was stamped with Golden Meadow VF Clair ink.
I think I ended up doing justice to the mood board colors and circle motifs.
This was the most challenging thing for me to get right, so I'm pretty pleased.
😎
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch as inspiration and design for my card.
I only decided to make a centerstep fold card after eyeing this sketch.
I looked at it and thought, wow this looks like a center step fold card, that's what I'll make.
SUPPLY LIST:
SU grey and brown card stocks
Recollections white card stock
Yellow vellum
Avery Elle and MFT sentiment stamps
Avery Elle beer stamps and die
Memory Box Loopy Ringlet dies (I call them bubbles)
Spellbinders torn edge and classic circle dies
Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers DOX inks
Nocturne and Golden Meadow VF Clair inks
Clear embossing powder
TH colored jute twine
 
Inside I stamped Papertrey Ink sentiments from 2 different stamp sets with VF Clair ink.
On back, more of the card stocks and stenciling as on the front. I notched the layers at top using square punches to fit the card base.  I also outlined the stenciled layer and the siggie with a Peacock Feathers Distress marker.
Close up of the heat embossed sentiments.
Close up of the heat embossed bubbly beer.
Here's the Dylusions Bubbles stencil I used.
And final view.
Thanks for visiting!
Enjoy your day, xox

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Took inspiration from the colors and circles

18 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That's a fun card for Father's Day. I've never tried making a card of that style, but I like it. Enjoy the calm before the storm, and let's hope the storm fizzles. hugs-Erika

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great fun fold! Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Creases. Stay safe!
Karen, DT

Donna Walls said...

Awesome fun fold card for hubby and I'm certain he loved it. Well, here we go..this season has been predicted as an active one so batten down the hatches and prayers going your way that it fizzles out before it even starts. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the fold and the torn pieces are perfect to create a distressed look. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Anita said...

It's wonderful that you used multiple elements from the moodboard, Aimeslee! Love all the fun elements in the card, but that folding looks complicated, lol... Take care and stay safe!

Pamela said...

hey girl - such a clever way to add twine onto your creation! thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous fold and masculine card Aimes. Love the dies, and how you added the twine. I'm here with both my hats on so will just say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Ribbon or twine challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Debbie Mageed said...

What a cool fun fold card, Aimeslee! I love step cards and this one has lots of layers and perfect details - my favorite kind! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this card Aimeslee - especially the bubbly beer! Cheers! Hope those storms go easy on you. Vicky x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love your Father's Day card and all the bubbles from the stencil you used. Will be praying you don't get those named tropical storms.

Jackie C said...

Superb card for a man!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

dj said...

Cheers to you...this fun fold card is fantastic!! Thanks for play along with our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...I am sure your card made some dad smile!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G349

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Fathers day card, I love the fold and those little bottles of beer, the twine, brilliant card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marjeta said...

Super design.I love this card. Thanks for playing with us at Penny's Papercraft.

Furrbster said...

This is such a fun card, and it looks stunning.

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Lisa said...

The use of bubbles die cuts and stencil added a fun touch, complementing the beer images and wine sentiments perfectly. The choice of Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks for stenciling and distressing ties in beautifully with the mood board colors, and the centerstep fold design really highlights the creative use of the Splitcoaststampers sketch. It's clear you put a lot of thought and effort into each detail, resulting in a wonderfully crafted card that balances creativity with thematic elements flawlessly!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful center step fold for this fun Father's day card Aimeslee - great sentiments used and I love how you made the bubbly beer! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Moodboard! Julia xx

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A super fun card you created, Aimeslee. A great combination of challenges and most creatively put together. Thank you for sharing this with us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT