Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Oh Holy Night Christmas Card

 Hello and I hope everyone's week is going well.
I've been planning out my projects for the next few months, printing sketches and images, gathering supplies to fill each project shoebox lid. And when I ran out of lids, I remembered I had several tied up with those Gecko Galz collage sheet Christmas cards, so I stopped and made one of them.
Current challenges call for card stock (no designer paper), silhouettes, and Jesus/Kings. As luck would have it, I had one waiting that fit the bill if I would just tamp down my urge to use dp, lol. It was hard at first, but I got into the embossing and mixed media used.

SUPPLY LIST:
Bazzill textured black card stock for base
Dark blue, metallic and Kraft card stock scraps
Springhill Digital card stock
Gecko Galz Joyeaux Noel digital collage sheet images
Spellbinders and Cuttlebug embossing folders
Spellbinders postage square die
Sizzix 3D cut and emboss star die
Stamplorations Oh Holy Night die

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my A7 layout design.

Here's an angled shot to show the metallic shine of the image mats, embosed center panel, star and sentiment.

 
Here are the embossing folders I used:
Front: Seth Apter Laser Beams and Tammy Tutterow Horsehair
Back: Cuttlebug Christmas Countdown
And this is after embossing, ink-distressing and painting.
I used Aged Mahoghany and Ground Espresso Distress Oxides, gold acrylic paint stick and gold glitter marker.

The back with the front.

Last look.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Both collage sheet images have silhouettes of people
 

18 comments:

lauren bergold said...

What a fun and fabulous card, i love all the different ways you managed to add texture! So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

Vicky Hayes said...

Just lovely Aimeslee and I am admiring that wonderful sentiment die! Vicky x

Miss Mudge said...

What a beautiful card! I love the layout and the Nativity theme. Thanks for joining us at MTTCC! - DT Nikki

Liz said...

Beautiful Christmas card and a great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creation!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Peace on Earth challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Alyson Mayo said...

What a great way to add a silhouette image without making it overwhelming! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

SmilynStef said...

What wonderful mixed media creativeness ... so very glad you joined our Cardstock Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Lia said...

A great take of the sketch turned out to this beautiful card!!
Lia DT POE

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimeslee, this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Written in Ink Cards said...

a gorgeous card, from the background and everything added to it. Thank you so much for playing along at 513 Avenue Create.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, but I don't want to think of Christmas just yet! Hope you are keeping well. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimes, this is just stunning! Way to go gathering the supplies. This card has to be one of my all time favs of yours. Have a safe holiday weekend my friend.

Lisa said...

Wow I love this stunning Christmas card. Great texture, great colors, outstanding imagery.

My name is Erika. said...

I knew I was behind but I guess I have gotten way behind commenting. This is a great card, and I really like the big bold words. They definitely caught my eye. I've been embossing some paper lately, and it's fun to pull out my old folders. I'm not if yours are old, but it's fun to see them. I just love rediscovering supplies I haven't used in a long time. Anyhow, great card. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. hugs-Erika

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Lovely design and colours. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!