Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Kids With Fur 4x6 Weekly Art

 Hey there, hope your week is going well.
The theme at SPA this week is Cats and Canines. I chose canines (dogs).
I also wanted to use one of the Stamping Bella stamps and one of them, ParisBella, has a little doggie in her purse, so she was perfect. I'm tempted to think she was fashioned after Paris Hilton. The 3 dogs are Sizzix Sizzlit dies. I colored them and Paris with Promarkers and gel pen accents. The background was created by inking a trimmed down 4x6 card with Scattered Straw Distress ink and then stenciling over that with a 5x7 Brett Weldele for Stampers Anonymous Bones stencil. I ink-distressed the edge with chalk ink and layered it on a 4x6 card I'd olored with a pink Promarker. Finally I stamped the MFT sentiment, punched it out using a SU punch, ink-distressed it and adhered to the top.

 
Close ups to show the black gel penning and glitter gel pen.
I know the proportion is off between the dogs and Paris, but I'll just cite creative license. I wanted to use the dogs because I've had them for years and years and cannot really ever remember using them.

Last look.
Thanks for visiting and have a good day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Universal Studios Secret Lives of Pets

17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Very cute card!

Rika said...

Such a cute card.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card, love the dog bone background and die-cut dogs.Well the difference in perspective is down to Paris being a lot further away=you think? lol.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and Dragonfly Deams.
Carol DT x

Valerie-Jael said...

Ooooh, this is soooo sweet. I love animals, too, and miss being able to keep one of my own. But I talk to all of the dogs I meet along the way! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Vicky Hayes said...

Paris looks as if she's going to be having lots of fun with her canine friends! What a sweet card! Vicky x

Sabine said...

lovely dogs! thanks for joining this challenge

My name is Erika. said...

Those fur kids are my kind of kids-grin. Fun page Aimeslee. I wonder if that lady has all 4 of the dogs on your page. hugs-Erika

Diane said...

This is fabulously cute, I love it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Alyson Mayo said...

Such a cute trio of fur-babies! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)

Alyson Mayo said...

Oops - I missed another challenge - thanks for also sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a fun design! I love the dog bone background! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

ahlers5 said...

Cute card. Love all the dog bones.

Written in Ink Cards said...

adorable. Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

Lisa said...

Your canine-themed card featuring ParisBella from Stamping Bella is adorable! The combination of the Sizzix Sizzlit dies and the Bones stencil creates a playful and charming background, and the added gel pen accents give it a delightful touch.

Pat said...

I love the sweet dogs and the bones which cover the background..really fun Aimeslee, and Paris looks very happy amongst them, and love that cute pooch in the bag, and all beautifully coloured too. x