Saturday, May 4, 2024

4X6 Weekly Art

 Howdy and Happy Saturday!
Well, Honey and I are blessed to be fine but much of the Houston area adjacent to lakes, rivers, streams and waterways is either under water or facing a flooding threat. I have loved ones and friends impacted and it's been pretty stressful and upsetting worrying about them and trying to help. My art time has suffered and our internet has either been out or spotty, so I'm very very late with my weekly 4x6 art, but I finally managed to get her done. This will be a good addition to my little art corner for Father's Day.

I made a mixed media piece for a Kings theme and I used one of those really really old My Favorite Things headless stamps I had mentioned earlier this week. It's called Let's Hear It For The Boys

I began with one of my precut 4x6 card stock blanks.
On a piece of masking paper, I stamped the MFT stamp and cut it out to adhere it to the center of the card. Once the mask was in place, I ink blended Seedless Preserves Distress Ink all over the card with a blending brush. I let that dry, then used a Funky Fossil Retro Starburst stencil with Lumberjack Plaid  Distress Oxide ink over the purple ink layer. Let that dry and then mixed up some gold acrylic paint with water and made splatters with a small round brush.

While I let all that dry well, I created the text in PSE, printed out on gold parchment paper and then cut them with a Sizzix Tattered Banners Sizzlit strip. I ink-distressed the edges with some black VersaMagic chalk ink and adhered them to the card. I also stamped the Lawn Fawn crown with Versamark ink, heat embossed it with gold embossing powder, cut it out with the coordinating die and colored it with gold and purple glitter markers. While the crown dried, I removed the mask, stamped the MFT image with black Memento ink, heat embossed it with clear powder and colored it with Promarkers. I then adhered the crown, used the black chalk ink to edge the card all around and called it done!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Media Used: Paper/Distress, Chalk & Embossing inks/Acrylic Paint/Glitter marker/Alcohol markers/
Embossing powder
(Wet) heat embossing on crown and focal image
Late Spring: Father's Day June 16th
Column N: Make Your Own Background / Free / Splatters
Column O: Distressing (Ink) / Masking / Free
I used the banner text strip die cut (same thing twice)
Anything Food Goes-Bowl of caramel popcorn in his lap

14 comments:

bockel24 said...

What a funny card, Aimeslee! I´m sorry to read about your difficult situation, hope things will be better soon!

Becca S said...

Hello again! Late last night my hubby had a bowl of chips to snack on while watching old western show reruns!!! Caramel popcorn would have been good too! :) Thanks for sharing at FQHSKCB! and also I can relay thanks from CONBingo! And Ally's Angels!!! A trifecta! Thanks x 3!

My name is Erika. said...

I saw all that flooding on the news, and I was thinking about you. Glad to hear you are OK, but I hope people you know that are in the flood zone don't have to be evacuated or have their homes flooded. Your man cave piece is great. I especially love the crown. Take care and hopefully you won't get as new rain as their saying. hugs-Erika

Anita said...

Hi Aimeslee! Glad you're okay, and hoping the same for your loved ones. Your Father's Day art is funny indeed, and it brings to mind sleeping dads in front of the TV with remotes still in their hands, lol. Love the royal colors that you've used in this project. And thank you for also sharing this with us on our Anything Goes challenge over at Creative Artiste! xo

Alyson Mayo said...

How true is this image? Love it :)

Pat said...

Super card with some great images, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

My name is Erika. said...

Just an FYI, in case you are interested. The poem does NOT have to be on a person's page, but it does have to included/ or referred to in the post. As it says in my post: You can include a poem, write a poem, reference a poem, or just be inspired by a poem. There are so many quotes I see that come from poems too. As Valerie says, the point is to have FUN!

Please don't feel You have to make a page with an included poem. Just be sure to reference the poem in your post. And I did make the rules- hee! Hee!

Hope it's not raining.
hugs-Erika

ahlers5 said...

Cute card! I have a king of the remote in my house!

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, I am so glad that you're okay. I've seen the flooding on the news and it's just devastating. I'm so sorry for your friends. Crafting can keep our spirits up a little though, and this card is so cute. I've not seen the headless stamps from MFT before, but this guy is adorable. You did a great job with lots of detail too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges! Stay safe!

craftytrog said...

Great artwork Aimeslee! I have one of those 'kings' in my house too.
Hope the weather improves xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a fun card Aimeslee! So sorry to hear about your flooding and sending prayers for you all. Vicky x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a clever and original, (to me) card. Love the colours, a Super masculine card Aimes. As for the flooding? My heart goes out to everyone concerned, my Niece has had the builders in to work on her flooding repairs, for the last 8 weeks. It's heartbreaking to see so much loss of memories and business for people, too. I hope all is well with you and Arfur has taken all the rain and floated off. x

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Aimeslee. Your background is awesome and nice to see an older MFT set being dusted off. Great sentiment too. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x
So sorry to hear about the storms and flooding but glad you are ok x

CA Scrapper said...

What a great guy card! Thanks for joining our Add a Sentiment challenge at Cut it Up.

Leslie