Friday, May 10, 2024

Still Looking Sharp Birthday

 Happy FriYay!
Today I'm sharing a CAS mixed media birthday card that uses a Pattie's Creations digital freebie image from May 2019. I cannot find it in her Etsy shop so it must be retired.
😢

SUPPLY LIST:
Pebbles A2 card base
Springhill Digital white card stock
The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Halftone Borders stencil
Acrylic paints
Distress inks and Distress Oxide inks
Promarkers
Stickles

I printed the entire image out on white card and also printed out and fussy cut only the pot after adding my punny sentiment using the text tool in PSE. 
I colored the cactus with acrylic paints and the flowers with Promarkers.
I stippled the background with Distress ink and then drew a horizontal line for the grounding tablecloth.
I stenciled on the tablecloth using Distress Oxides and acrylic paint.
I then painted the pot with two shades of purple acrylic paints, re-edged it with a black paint pen and adhered it after stenciling the tablecloth.
I added Stickles dots to the cactus flowers and also to the tablecloth.
Before adding the image to the card base I painted a frame around the image with the purple paint.
I made my paint strokes a bit messy or 'painterly' on purpose.

 
Close ups to show the purple Stickle dots, stenciling and background stippling.

 
Inside and back of card.
I created and framed the punny inside sentiment in PSE to print out.

Last look at my mixed media CAS card.
Because of the Stickles and the purple, I'll send this to a female birthday celebrant.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your Friday!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Column N: Make Your Own Background / Clean and Simple / Free

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Fun card Aimeslee. That's a fun cactus and a fun quote too. Have a super weekend! hugs-Erika

Chrissy said...

Ha ha ha, clever pun Aimslee, love it, great card.. I got the point!

Luv CHRISSYxx

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful card.. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles monthly challenge

Super toffe kaart !! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bijSparkles Monthly challenges
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Alyson Mayo said...

Great sentiment to go with the cactus :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous care and sentiment! Hugs, Valerie

Johanna said...

I love punny sentiments and this one is great. The image is perfectly chosen and rendered. Great card all round. Thanks for joining the fun at cardz4galz, Johanna DT

Lisa said...

Your CAS mixed media birthday card featuring a retired Pattie's Creations digital freebie image is stunning! The use of acrylic paints, Distress inks, and Stickles adds wonderful texture and depth to the design, and the punny sentiment adds a delightful touch.

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my HALLOWEEN AND OTHER OCCASIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Anita said...

What a fun card, Aimeslee! Lots of texture in here that I love. The punny sentiment is perfect too! Thank you for also sharing this card with us at our 'Anything Mixed Media Goes' challenge on Creative Artiste. :-)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Aimes, you could be selling your sentiments, these are fabulous. So much so, I may even use them for a couple of cactus I have in my files. You are such a great inspiration. Love the card and design. Hope all is well with you. x

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool! I've not thought to use cactus for a birthday card before. The saying you created is perfect too. Love the little bling elements you added. Have a fabulous day my friend.

Helen said...

Great image and I love that sentiment too!

Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Judy McKay said...

Love the title of your card. It brought a smile to my face. Great card. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT.

Becca Sadler said...

Great birthday card that is on point!!! :) Always love your fun puns sentiments! Thanks for sharing at the expanded occasions of HCAOOAYR!!! --Becca

Sue Jackson said...

What a wonderful punny card for a especially sharp birthday person. Great job. Thanks for joining our celebrations challenge at Cardz 4 Galz! I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge. Sue - DT

Andree said...

A fabulously fun card and some good chuckle worthy puns.
Thank you for joining in with our May challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck! x

Deborah Wheeler said...

such a fun card - love that cactus! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft Challenge
Deborah DT

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, this is a great card! I just love puns. They make me so happy. The colors here are really nice too. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Christmas (or NOT) BINGO Challenges!

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge too.

Helen x
DT