Saturday, May 25, 2024

Cat Tag to Birthday Card

 Hi again. Hope you're all okay.
Trying to get this out to post for challenges as I have a busy day and a DT post in the early morning.
This is a tag I made for Tag Tuesday's Cats theme, hosted by Michele.
The printed out digital image is by All Dressed Up Stamps (linked below in my Supply List). 
Since I no longer have a reason to make tags except for my Norma tree and my MFT/Stamping Bellas tree, I can really only make them to put on cards at present. And I wanted to play, so I chose this image to work on a birthday card for a girlfriend. I colored the image with Promarkers and stippled with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. Then I made the polkadots with a small round flat bristle makeup brush. I outlined the edge with red glitter brush marker over my Promarker coloring.

Then I put the tag on my card.
I used red glitter brush marker on the heart die cuts after coloring them with a Crimson Promarker, and I die cut an open spot with a label die, then stamped the "birthday girl" sentiment with Warm Breeze Versafine Clair ink. I had an extra large heart so I added it at the bottom. I lalso added a glittered triangle to the image corner per the sketch in the same manner as the hearts.

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.

SUPPLY LIST:
Bearly Arts 4.5X6.25 pink card base and envelope
All Dressed Up Stamps The Cat's Whiskers digital image
Springhill digital card stock for printing tag image
Promarkers to color image
Pebbles designer papers
Sizzix heart dies
Clear Dollar Label die
Stamplorations sentiment
Versafine Clair ink
Red Glitter brush marker
Peacock Feathers Distress Ink

The back of the card with the front, using more of the Pebbles dp and a siggie stamped on the piece die cut from the front.

 
Last look...Looking Good!
😎
Thanks for the visit and have a good weekend.
Back tomorrow with a DT make post.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS for CARD:
The Secret Life of Pets Universal Studios.
Column B: Free / Hand Colored Image / Dots

22 comments:

Betta said...

This kitty is adorable!! A great card!! 😻
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT

Lisa said...

Fabulous kitty and great use of that SCS sketch too. I love the paper selection you added to the image too.

Darlene said...

SO CUTE and such happy colors! Sure to bring a smile!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Vicky Hayes said...

I just love this bright card Aimeslee and what a great idea to use your tag as a topper. The winking cat is adorable! Vicky x

PS. Lol at your comment about my floor - it is not always that clean I can assure you, with two water loving retrievers!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Always a great idea to recycle, and this one is wonderful as tag and as card, well done! Have a great weekend, hope you are doing well, hugs!

Chrissy said...

Super cute image and I love how you did the background, the spots, really effective and a fabulous sketch to follow, love the hearts and colour combo, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alyson Mayo said...

That is one fabulous winking cat - great card :)

Uschi said...

This kitty is just so adorable. And your background is just fabulous. The glitter colored edges look so pretty. Really a great tag and a fantastic background with this card. I love these cheerful colors of your design papers.
Thank you so much for sharing with the Critter Crazy Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

anne said...

That is one classy cat Aimes and such a lovely bright card too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy.
Anne CCC-DT

pinky said...

He/she is such a cutie Aimeslee! Love it as a tag and a card! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

My name is Erika. said...

I love that kitty image. It is sweet and snarky at the same time. She definitely has that little look of causing trouble in her one open eye. and what a great idea to make a tag into a card. Very nicely done.hugs-Erika

Elaine said...

Very cute. A super image and colours. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Deanne Saunders said...

Saw your card at Dream Factory, So cute!!!!

Cards By MI said...

pretty Card! Sweet! Thanks for playing along with us over at PFM while we are celebrating our years in the blogland!
Love n hugs
Marie, PFM DT

Aunty Sue said...

So cute and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

papierelle said...

Oh yes, she's looking good and she know it!! Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory. Gundi

Nat said...

Super cute card and fab colour scheme! Thanks for joining in our anniversary challenge at PFM
Natx

Michele said...

this is adorable aimeslee! thanks for linking to my tag tuesday cats challenge! xo

Chana Malkah said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, this is such a sweet card. Who doesn't love a nice cat, and the colors are perfect. I love red and gray together, and the touch of teal is so perfect (or should I say purr-fect!) in there too. Someone will just love this card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

Ginny said...

Such lovely work. Thank you for joining us at A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge! All the best.
-- DT Gina Ang --
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge #5-2024

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for sharing with us over at All Dressed Up Challenge Blog Dt Maria