Monday, April 29, 2024

You've Got Mail Tag

 Happy Monday, Bloglandians!
Okay, this sounds weird...most of my ideas are...but seeing someone using a recent-ish Stamping Bellas stamp made me think of all of the SB stamps I bought when they were a brand new company. I actually bought 11 of them, all basically glorified stick figures! Cute but odd looking. Around that same time I also bought 7 stamps from a brand new company named My Favorite Things and they were all headless people!
Yes, for some reason I thought these were cool stamps.
Fast forward 15-20 years and now these stamps don't look quite as weird.
I kinda like them now!
So I got the idea to do a mashup SB-MFT set of tags for a tag tree.
This should keep me busy at Tag Tuesday in the coming weeks if I can fit the themes.

So this is my first one.
The image is Stamping Bellas' Clickabella and the sentiment is MFT, both stamped with Versamark and Versafine Clair, then clear heat-embossed.
I cut it out using an MFT Fishtail Banner die for my tag shape.
Colored with Castle Arts colored pencils and Promarkers, with background stenciling using Distress inks and 2 Tim Holtz Layering Stencils (Bubbles and Burlap).
The piece was then ink-edged with a Turquoise Green VersaMagic Dew Drop ink pad.

Last look.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good start to the week.
We are under a tornado warning and it's been raining buckets with constant thunder and lightning strikes.
It's been a very scary night but the storm system should be out of here in a few more hours.
Prayers for everyone in the path of these Spring storms!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Used the colors

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a gorgoeus tag, thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday! I, too, have hundreds of stamps that I never use any more, I must give them away. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I have a few of those headless people from way back when and my only SB stamps are fairly new. I like this lady at her desk. She makes a great tag image. But I bet not many new stamps have the old You've Got Mail quote. .I like to though, and it works with postage too, not just email. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Lia said...

That image is so funny! I like your tag a lot.
Lia DT S4F

pinky said...

I remember those stamps and another company did stick people which we all thought brilliant lol. Your tag is just gorgeous though, so colourful and bright and great shape too. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday Aimeslee!

Rachelle Oltean said...

I love the tag shaped design and the play of bright colors/patterns! It’s fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge!

Marlena M. said...

This is a fun tag; such vibrant patterns and colors! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Pat K said...

Lovely tag using this fun SB stamp. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Sandra Wright. said...

A super Tag for our challenge at Tag Tuesday.
I love the image and style of this tag.
As lovers of Artistic Outpost, we have collected many over the years, mine are still in use thankfully, as they weren't cheap to buy. Such a shame they downsized their stamps and then eventually stopped designing under that banner.
I am always on the look out for the odd set I may have missed over the years, can't be many to be honest, I have 2 drawers full of them,lol.
It's how we got to meet, many moons ago, our love of Artistic Outpost.
Happy Crafting Aimeslee, xx

Lisa said...

Your tag featuring Stamping Bella's Clickabella and the sentiment from MFT is absolutely charming. The clear heat-embossed details add a lovely touch, and the combination of Castle Arts colored pencils and Promarkers brings out such vibrant colors. The background stenciling with Distress inks and Tim Holtz Layering Stencils adds depth and dimension, and the ink-edging with Turquoise Green VersaMagic Dew Drop ink pad ties everything together beautifully.