Friday, April 5, 2024

Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?

 Hello!
Hope you are all well.
Honey's been sick for most of the week and I've been playing nurse maid from a distance as I don't want to catch whatever he has. My Honey is so stubborn he won't take a Covid test because he doesn't want to know that he has it. And I've been isolating at home for 4 years so I won't get it because of my over-active immune response! Geez! I've been disinfecting everything and wearing my mask when close to him and so far *KNOCK WOOD* I'm okay. And he felt a LOT better yesterday, so with a little luck and the Good Lord willing, we will both end the week better!

Here is this week's 4X6 art, made for Sunday Postcard Art's Timepieces theme, hosted by Sue B.
I framed the digital image in PSE, using the color of his cuffs.
I also added the sentiment in PSE.

I printed the image from this Gecko Galz Wonderland Adventures collage sheet.

Then I printed it out and put it on this birthday card for our neighbor.
The designer paper is 7Gypsies Paddington 8x8 collection.
I distressed the edges of the paper with a distressing tool and then ink-distressed it with Versamagic chalk ink before adding it on an A7 card base cut from white Recollections card stock.

  
Inside is a little hard to see in the photo, so I included the digital image of it.
Sometimes my printer does weird things. I have no clue why the two look different.

On back, a different sheet of the 7Gypsies paper, also  edge distressed with a tool.
Oops, forgot to add a siggie.

One last look.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Spring Birthday and colors

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you have had germs in the house, not good! Glad Mr H is doing better. I am enjoying being back home! Take care, hugs, Valerie

Deann said...

What an adorable card and I love how you have included the back of the card in your design. Great job.

My name is Erika. said...

I know what you're saying. My husband did take a COVID test back in January when he wasn't feeling well, and I went around disinfecting after him. Or course by the time he told me he didn't feel well he's been sick a a day. I hope you stay healthy. That's a cute bunny on your card, and that's a great old song. They work together well, time and the Alice in Wonderland theme.And I think I have some of that clock paper too. Maybe it's 7gypsies, another oldie. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Lisa said...

It sounds like you've been taking excellent care of Honey while he's been under the weather. Your dedication to keeping safe during these times is commendable, and I'm glad to hear he's feeling better. Your art for the Sunday Postcard Art theme is charming, especially how you incorporated it into a birthday card for your neighbor. The distressed edges and choice of designer paper add a lovely vintage touch to the overall design.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a neat idea with the rabbit and the time sentiment - cute :)

Darlene said...

WOW this is really cool! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a brilliant card Aimes, love your thinking around it. As for hubby, sorry to hear he's been poorly, don't blame you being careful. I hope he recovers soon and things will be back to normal soon. x

Bonnie Lynn said...

How did I miss this?? I love your postcard card Aimes!! I just might also need that GG collage set too. ;) Beautiful card my friend and it's going to be enjoyed immensely.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Still think it's brilliant. I'm here with my DT hat on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck. I hope to see you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT