Saturday, April 6, 2024

Geometric Abstract Art Journal Page

 Happy Saturday to all.
Honey continues to get better and I'm still not sick.
SO THANKFUL!
🙏🙏🙏

This art journal page is for a Geometric Forms theme at AJJ. I have a long held curiosity and interest in abstract art, so that's what came to mind to attempt. 

While I was attending to my sick patient this week, I drew this, first with a black watercolor pencil, then went over all the lines with a chisel tip black Posca paint pen and let dry. Then I got out my good watercolors and applied them with little water or "thickly", as I wanted rainbow colors (except for blue, somehow I left that out!) to be as intense and bold as possible. 

Close up of the quote I found on Google and typed up to print out in PSE.
I cut it into strips, ink distressed the edges with Black Soot DI and then ran a black Promarker chisel end all around for further definition.

And final view.
Thanks for visiting and have a great rest of the weekend.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Column I: Free / Sentiment Main Focus / Make Own Background
Mix It Up #70 ATG
Media Used: Watercolor Paper, Posca Paint Pen, Watercolor paints, Distress ink, Alcohol ink marker

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Aimeslee! This piece has wonderful colours, and I love your composition. Thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated!Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This looks like a lot of fun to make. Sometimes just drawing lines and then coloring the shapes left behind is relaxing. I can imagine with a patient at home this was a good way to not only pass some time but also to have a little fun. I'm glad the patient is improving and hope you don't get sick also. Have a great rest of the weekend. hugs-Erika

And before I mess up and hit post, let me say thanks for joining both Valerie's challenge at AJJ and TIOT's rainbow challenge also.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow!! I love your art journal page!! It reminds me of my late uncle's stained glass projects. Thank you for the memory this morning Aimes. Get well vibes for your patient and prayers you don't get sick. Have a great Sunday my friend.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is such a neat idea - definitely one to try! I have a light sweater with a pattern similar to your page :)

Meggymay said...

A fantastic abstract design and colourful page Aimeslee. Thank you for linking
your page to our challenge theme over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So clever, I couldn't even put one of those designs together, let alone a page full. Super creative thinking and a fabulous result. Good to hear Hubby better. x

Neet said...

I wish I had seen this when I was first incapacitated with this knee injury, I could have drawn some of these shapes and enjoyed myself colouring in with crayons and pens.
I am sure you had great fun whilst producing this piece of art.
Have you seen the work of Vasarely? His work fascinates me and I have tried to reproduce something similar but never quite got there - guess I on't spend enough time on a piece.
Hugs Neet xx

Anita said...

I so love the bold colors, Aimeslee! I find it so hard to keep shapes abstract but you've done an awesome job there. I can imagine a larger piece that you could display in your living room. :-) Also, thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Artiste too!

Glad to hear about your husband's health, and that you've not caught the bug!

Lisa said...

Your geometric abstract art journal page is truly captivating! The bold lines and vibrant colors create a striking composition. The quote adds a meaningful touch, beautifully complementing the artwork. Your attention to detail, from the ink distressing to the precise outlining, enhances the overall impact of the piece.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So creative Aimeslee, fabulous design, I love the bright bold colours and composition, must have been a delight to fill each section with colour.
So glad you shared with us @ Creative Artiste, thank you as always for your support and joining our challenge.
Happy Crafting Tracey x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is fantastic, love the bright colours. Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Valerie's theme, hugs, Chrisx