Thursday, March 21, 2024

Happy Birthday, Alyson!

 Hey there, Happy Thursday!
Hope your weather today is better than ours.
It's cold, rainy and dreary here, definitely feeling more like winter than spring.

Today I'm sharing the card I made for Alyson of Create With Alyson because it's her big day.
She's just a prolific cardmaking guru that I thought I'd be a little different and make a mixed media card. 

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but I flipped it horizontally to better accommodate my materials.

I used an A7 white card base and punched rounded corners. I used a 4x6 glossy card and alcohol-inked it with a few different shades of blue and ink blending solution. After that dried, I die cut it using a Cheery Lynn Scalloped Rectangle die. I took a brayer that I had wrapped rubber bands around and loaded it up with gold pigment ink, then brayered it across the ink-blended card, an old technique I'd learned from Technique Junkies newsletter back in the day. I shook various metallic and glitter embossing powders over the card and heat-embossed it. Then I adhered it to the base and framed it with some holographic strips from my stash. I cut a flag banner out of vellum with an Avery Elle die, then I stamped the Stampendous balloons sentiment on it with Bluebell Versafine Clair ink and heat-embossed with clear powder. I adhered that and added 4 holographic circles to each corner. I stamped an Avery Elle balloon with the Versafine Clair ink, heat-embossed it and cut it with the matching die, adhering it at top for the flower element in the sketch. I added 3 tiny stars die cut out of gold paper with a Sizzix die.

Close-up to try to show the shimmer, glitter and shine.

 
I had ink-blended, brayered and die cut another 4x6 card for the back, adding a Hero Arts stamped and punched siggie. Inside, a sentiment mash up using Stampendous and Hero Arts stamps.

And final view.
It was fun to play with mixed media to make a master cardmaker something a little bit  different and re-visit an old technique.
Happy Birthday, Alyson!
Hope everyone has a great evening.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Media Used: Paper, Alcohol ink and blending solution, Pigment ink, Embossing powders, Stamping ink
Dies Used: Scalloped Rectangle, Banner flag, Balloon
Daffy Duck Hot Air Balloons Six Flags
Dies Used: Scalloped Rectangle, Banner flag, Balloon,
and Corner Rounder punch
Media Used: Paper, Alcohol ink and blending solution, Pigment ink, Embossing powders, Stamping ink
Media Used: Paper, Alcohol ink and blending solution, Pigment ink, Embossing powders, Stamping ink

18 comments:

Makira said...

💙💙💙 this! Great alcohol background! Anytime I see a balloon, it's hard not to think of the movie UP or the person selling the balloons in a park ( and wondering why they haven't floated off like the house 😁). Thank you so very much for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Stay dry my friend! 🎨🎢🌟 Cheers, Makira

Alyson Mayo said...

Well, what a surprise to see this! The card is sitting on my table so I see it every time I walk into my kitchen. Love the details on how you made it! Thank you - you are simply precious. ❤️

Card Creator said...

Great shine and shimmer. Thank you for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
~Tamara

ClaireB said...

Stunning card, you've created a lovely background. From the other comment the recipient loved it, which is always the main thing! Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month Claire DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimes, Alyson's card is fabulous! Love all of the sparkles you added. I had forgotten about the rubber banded brayer technique. I need to try it again sometime.

Chrissy said...

Thanks for stopping by Aimeslee and when I watched Marcus Welby, Richard Chamberlin was his side kick another hubba hubba, oh the good ole'days..ha ha..love your Birthday card, the texture and flex of gold and fabulous colour Love the mixed media style..

Luv CHRISSYxx

wienerhoneymooners said...

What a LOVELY background effect!!!!

Thanks so much for joining the stay crafty with a blog named HERO challenge!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous blue background. I love following Alyson's posts. Happy Birthday Alyson.

My name is Erika. said...

I hope your weather has improved. We're in the snow, rain and ice weather right now, with winds coming along tonight too. But on to happier commenting than the icky weather. This card has a dreamy look. I like the alcohol inked background, and the holographic border creates a great effect that works with the colors of your background. Have a great rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Briljant card, very nice.. Thanks for entering your card at Penny's Paper crafty challenge
Geweldige kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Penny's Paper crafty challenge
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Donna Walls said...

Ohh, I love that inky background and this is such a fun birthday card. I'm certain Alyson will love it! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful and creative card!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

~amy~ said...

Such a fun and festive birthday design.
Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, I love the way you've created your alcohol ink background! Such a fun take with this sketch too! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at MIU challenge!

Miriam Chessum said...

This is such a great card, so much details to look at. Thanks for joining in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa (DT) xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Michelle Peckham said...

So fun! So shiny! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Trina P. said...

Fun card, Cook rubber band heat embossed background. Thank you for joining the Stay Crafty challenge.